WTKR, the CBS affiliate in Norfolk, VA, is looking for an Associate Producer to join our team. The Associate Producer is responsible for assisting in gathering, writing and editing content for daily programming.
WHAT YOU DO:
- Works closely with Executive Producers and Producers to determine content needs.
- Assists in the development of content for multiple platforms in AP and broadcast style.
- Answer phones, listen to scanners, assign and keep track of crews in the field.
- Executes time sensitive decisions.
- Writes clearly for multiple platforms.
- Posts content to station’s websites.
- Works assignment desk on weekends.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- BS/BA in related field or related years of experience.
- 1-2 years experience as a TV writer or producer in related field preferred.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including grammar, storytelling abilities, and news judgement.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a face paced environment.
- Proficiency in computer based editing, Final Cut Pro and basic computer skills including MS Office.
- Detail-oriented and able to work effectively under deadlines.
- Knowledge and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws.