The Denver Post is seeking a Photojournalist Intern to join the team for the summer of 2022. The ideal candidate is passionate, inquisitive, self-motivated and ready to hit the ground running to push their visual storytelling skills to the next level. Our intern photojournalists are treated as equal staff photographers, but with an added mentorship element. That means successful candidates will have an eye for intimacy, treating all subjects with respect and dignity, will be prepared to pitch their own ideas and take responsibility for completing stories as assigned.
We are a newspaper seeking to serve a broad audience and that is only possible when we embrace diversity, both in our news decisions and our staffing. We aim to tell stories from the diverse range of voices that make up this community and do that, in part, by actively recruiting and hiring people from all backgrounds. We would love to hear the unique perspective you think you bring to this role.
The No. 1 newspaper in the Rocky Mountain region, The Denver Post is helping shape the next generation of journalists by offering 10-week paid internships for the summer of 2022. In addition to this position, we are seeking news and features reporting interns. This is a paid internship, but interns will be responsible for their own travel, housing and transportation. The pay is $14.77/hour, approximately $1,181 every two weeks. If you have questions about The Denver Post internships, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Source development and relationship building.
- Contribute to pitching story ideas.
- Photograph and edit images on deadline.
- Write clear and accurate captions, using AP style.
- Applicants should have completed junior year of college before summer 2021.
- A demonstrated interest in photojournalism, print and online journalism.
- A reliable car is required.
- Previous internship at a daily paper is required.
INCLUDE IN YOUR APPLICATION:
- A cover letter outlining the position that interests you. Attach your cover letter as Page 1 or 2 of your resume in the online application portal.
- A resume that includes three references and links to five of your most recent pieces of work or a link to your personal portfolio website.