Performs a full range of public health education program development, evaluation, and consulting work of average difficulty.
Salary: Starting at of $2637 per month, negotiable, and depending on qualifications.
· Updates and uses relevant knowledge to implement health education interventions and programs for the community.
· Promotes, maintains, and improves individual and community health by assisting individuals and communities to adopt healthy behaviors.
· Collects and analyze data to identify community needs.
· Plans, implements, monitors, and evaluates programs designed to encourage healthy lifestyles, policies, and environments.
· Physical Requirements include occasional lifting and handling of materials in preparation for community presentations.
· Handles, installs, moves, and positions items and materials.
· Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in health, education, biology, or a related field and experience equivalent to one year full-time professional health education work.
· Necessary Special Qualifications: A valid vehicle operator’s license may be required for employment in some positions.
Education and Experience: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in health education, biology, or a related field and experience equivalent to one year full-time professional health education work.
Substitution of Experience for Education: Qualifying full-time professional experience in health education may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis, to a maximum of four years.
Substitution of Education for Experience: Additional qualifying graduate coursework in health education, biology, or related field may be substituted
for the required experience, on a year-for year basis, to a maximum of one year
To apply: Send application and resume to Cathy Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications can be found at: https://www.tn.gov/content/dam/tn/correction/documents/EmploymentApplication.pdf