FOX West Texas (KIDY/KXVA), TEGNA’s station in the San Angelo market, is looking for a digital content producer. Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, loves news and wants to work on the cutting edge of digital and social media. The person in this position will produce original content for FOX West Texas that will reach our customers wherever they are, on whatever device they are using at the time. This producer will also includes copy editing, for our various desktop/mobile/social outlets.
The successful candidate is innovative with solid news judgment, strong news writing skills and social media experience. Qualified candidates will have experience posting stories to digital-mobile-social platforms, working knowledge of online CMS software, video and photo-editing skills, and the ability to work a flexible schedule. And the person we hire will want to win on all platforms.
- Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media.
- Report news as it happens online (strong breaking news skills) and reach the widest possible audience through application of advanced social media skills
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (user-generated content, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
- Monitor news releases, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, social media mining tools and other online news sources to get stories together and post them to the FOX West Texas digital platforms
- Work with all newsroom departments on content coverage, broadcast-digital coordination and social listening
- Coordinate live stream of news events daily online and on social media, with heavy emphasis on breaking news
- Edit newscast segment video to post on FOX West Texas digital platforms
- Identify compelling, unique stories and user-generated content of interest to our audience
- Create original video for web and social platforms
- Conduct interviews with story characters and newsmakers
- Ensure our homepage is reflective of the most high-interest stories, featuring the most current imagery and latest information
- Perform other tasks as required by Digital Director
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- 1-2 years of experience, college journalism experience counts
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
- A deep knowledge AP style, grammar and punctuation.
- Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
- Understanding of how to use audience analytics tools like Crowdtangle, Taboola, Google Analytics and Google Trends
- Strong social media skills, on platforms to include Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of ENPS, Premiere and Photoshop a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Bilingual (Spanish) writing ability a plus