TED is looking for an Assistant Editor to join their Video Production Team. This position supports both the Post Production Lead and the Production team in delivering video assets to local and remote editors, as well as assisting the team at all stages of the production process (pre-production, production, post-production).
- Build Final Cut Pro X libraries and media that will be delivered to in-house editors and freelancers.
- Managing and organizing media from TED, TEDx, and other sponsored events/content for the organization. This media includes video footage, audio files, slide decks, and other key files that editors will need for their edits.
- Maintain communication with filmmakers and organizers to ensure smooth delivery of A/V assets
- Assist in fulfilling internal and external media requests.
- Working with the Media Manager to ensure all assets conform to TED’s A/V specifications
- Assist the Lead Editor with building necessary templates for Final Cut Pro X libraries
- Assist Media Manager with media QC and ingest from events into DAM system
- Support onsite editors at selected conferences
- Expertise in Final Cut Pro X, Quicktime Pro, Apple Compressor
- Powerpoint and Keynote
- Detailed knowledge of video codecs and frame rates
- Comfortable with Apple/Mac OS environment, especially moving media across local and remote networks
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Comfortable using task-based and communication platforms like Flow and Slack
Salary range $55,000-60,000/year
TED Conferences LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We invite all qualified candidates to apply online with their resume.