Technical Consulting & Research, Inc. (TCR) is a consulting and research firm and award-winning company at the forefront of advanced information technologies, cyber security, risk assessment, data mining, operation research, industrial engineering, online learning, and educational development. TCR’s mission is to help organizations successfully adopt emerging technologies and to optimize their workflow and operations. More information can be found on TCR’s website: https://tcrinc.com/
TCR offers unpaid internships in various industry and functional areas that are designed to help students build critical, in-demand skills needed to succeed in the real world. The internship is virtual so you can work from home. The hours are flexible. There is a weekly online team meeting with your supervisor, the CEO. The internship provides hands-on coaching, mentoring, and training experiences that will help get you noticed by prospective employers. TCR tries to align the specific internship activities/projects with the needs and interest of each intern. Internship can be taken for course credit, CPTs, and OPTs, with permission from your school or university..
Technical Consulting & Research, Inc. (TCR) is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer.
· What to see if Human Resources is the right field for you?
· Want to hone professional skills so you can communicate effectively – with people having diverse cultures, backgrounds, and interests?
· Want to gain critical experience needed to land a Human Resources job in industry?
· Want personalized mentoring and coaching?
Then this is the internship for you!
The Talent Acquisition Specialist Volunteer Consultant works under the direct supervision of the company CEO and founder. The Executive Vice President of Engineering also provides mentoring and technical guidance as needed.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist has flexible work hours, with negotiable start and end dates, as needed to fit your schedule. The intern is required to participate in online weekly team meetings that last approximately one to two hours.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist will work remotely at home via an Internet connection using TCR hosted servers and software. The intern will communicate with other TCR staff via email, phone, Webinars, and other online communication tools.
This internship builds a thorough working knowledge and experience in all aspects of recruiting. There are opportunities to learn, grow, and create projects of your own in other areas of Human Resources.
Examples of Responsibilities/Learning Goals
· Learn how to present yourself and your accomplishments, and overcome anxiety dealing with new people and situations.
· Learn techniques for candidate assessment and selection. Develop your abilities to assess applicants’ technical skills, cultural fit, and personal integrity. Learn effective interview techniques.
· Build strong organizational skills with supervisor and other team members.
· Review and update job descriptions.
· Become familiar with company hiring requirements and policies and procedures. Learn TQM (Total Quality Management) techniques and personal empowerment. This includes learning to identify gaps and make recommendations to improve organizational processes and procedures.
· Maintain accurate and detailed records tracking candidate progress and status through recruiting process. Gain experience using Human Resources Information Technology (IT) system to document and track applicant processing.
· Develop proficiency communicating using digital medium, such as telephone, email and online webinars.
· Gain familiarity with automated AI (artificial intelligence)-based approaches for evaluating, ranking, and scoring applicant resumes. Learn how to assess the strength and weaknesses of AI-decision models used for talent acquisition and resume screening. Learn advanced decision-making techniques to weigh multiple criteria and competing priorities.
· Develop research and data analysis skills (e.g., compile recruitment data, analyze job trends, etc.).
· Teach other team members about Human Resources/Talent Acquisition responsibilities.
· Learn how to develop effective teaching materials.
· Develop communication skills in a virtual team environment.
· Weekly reporting on accomplishments.
Ideal candidate is a student from undergraduate or graduate degree programs in the following fields: Human Resources, Labor Relations, Industrial Engineering, Organizational Behavior, Psychology, and/or Communications.