At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
As an intern at TE Connectivity, you will gain experience working for a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. TE Interns apply their classroom experience to value-add projects that create impact across our businesses.
Throughout the 10-12 week Summer Internship Program, TE Interns receive a high touch onboarding experience to support their transition from school into the workforce. Interns come together weekly for events such as professional development workshops, executive panel discussions, networking events, plant tours, community involvement, etc. Each intern is assigned a mentor, specific to their development & interests to support them with navigating their internship. Our program has been named to Way Up’s Top 100 Internship Programs List for the past two consecutive years & over 96% of our previous interns would recommend TE’s Internship Program to a friend.
After the internship, students will have gained tangible experience to build their resume & kick start their career. All TE Interns are evaluated and considered for return internships & full-time career opportunities upon graduation.
Click here to learn more about Life at TE.
Working in the Middletown, PA Corporate Technology Materials group, the successful candidate will contribute to new connector materials developments. Interns will be expected to:
- Be familiar with the use of tribological test equipment and methods
- Have a basic understanding of contact physics and wear of materials
- Support evaluations of process capabilities and material properties
- Document findings in PowerPoint / Word
- Contribute to ideation for development projects
- Share project findings in team presentations
What your background should look like:
- Pursuing a Graduate degree in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, or closely related field
- Be familiar with laboratory operations
- Have research experience in applying tribological methods to materials science problems
- Be familiar with typical tribological characterization techniques such as wear/friction testing, scratch testing and nanoindentation as well as optical microscopy, SEM/EDS, surface profilometry and contact angle measurements.
- Be able to maintain effective project documentation
- Be capable of working collaboratively within a team environment
Values: Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork, Innovation