We currently have a great opportunity for a Field Service Technician. The Field Service Technician (FST) is responsible for developing the knowledge and expertise needed to move into a Service Engineer (SE) position and service the Sysmex product lines. The FST will undergo extensive training to prepare for open SE positions as they become available. During the training period, the FST will travel frequently throughout the U.S., when not attending formal training classes. Upon completion of the training program, the FST will be utilized to supplement existing territories, support emerging territories and other field needs for until they assume a permanent assignment in a U.S. service district. The FST is expected to move into an open SE position in a service district as they become available. Candidates may reside anywhere in the U.S.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Successfully complete all training to perform the duties of a Service Engineer (SE).
- During training program, travel to various U.S. service districts to work with a mentor or assist with SE related tasks.
- Upon successful completion of the training program, work as an SE in various service districts as needed for periods up to six months.
- Travel during the training period may be up to 90% within the United States
- Accept an SE or related position after the successful completion of program.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform SE duties and responsibilities after training.
- Install, maintain, and repair Sysmex instruments and systems, including:
- Identifying and analyzing instrument problems.
- Repairing to meet specifications.
- Performing pre-installation site surveys, installations, scheduled maintenance, and approved modifications in accordance with Sysmex policies.
- Scheduling modifications as indicated in the Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) and Engineering Change Request (ECR) processes.
- Monitor and respond to communication devices during all scheduled times.
- Properly document all service related activities in a timely and professional manner including inventory, service orders, expense reports, and all other required records.
- Perform duties within defined service standards, including but not limited to on-time and within labor hour goals for scheduled maintenance, demand service events, installations, and first-visit repair rates.
- Support and provide ownership of technical issues at existing customer sites.
- Work cross-functionally with other Sysmex Associates to ensure total customer resolution and maximize very satisfied customer base.
- Miscellaneous duties include:
- Maintain expenses within guidelines
- Maintain high level of customer account management and organization skills
- Maintain control of parts inventory and all company property
- Perform duties in such a manner as to develop confidence, promote goodwill, and maintain or improve credibility with regard to quality of products and customer service.
- Promote effective, positive and productive communication and teamwork between all Sysmex personnel.
Potential Areas of Relocation
Pacific NW – Alaska
Percentage of Travel: Up to 100%
Physical Risk: Regular exposure to risk that may require alertness, but with minimal precautions.
Physical Demands: Moderate physical activity. Routine handling of objects 21 to 50 pounds; continuous (at least 80% of time) walking or inspections, keyboard or CRT work. May require periods of moderate discomfort due to noise, dust, lighting and/or other conditions.
Individual Education & Training Required for Position: Training required for this position is defined and governed in accordance to COP-0013 Associate Training and will be assigned in the LMS.
For more information on our Field Service Technician Program, please visit https://www.sysmexfieldservicetechnician.com/
- This is an entry level position
- Associates degree or equivalent in electronics, or military service and training in electronics or equivalent.
- Electronics and/or laboratory science.
- Completion of Sysmex-certified instrument training.
- A valid driver’s license or ability to obtain one, within 90 days.
- 0-3 years of experience.
- Must be willing to relocate to any of our service districts throughout the U.S.
- Excellent command of English, both verbal and written; second language desirable (Spanish, French or Portuguese).
- General computer knowledge in a Windows environment is required. Basic knowledge of LIS systems and interfacing principles desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to explain in simple and understandable terms complex technical information associated with Sysmex instrument systems.
- Outstanding listening skills, patience and understanding.
- Demonstrated presentation and influence skills.
- Team orientation; demonstrated facilitation skills.
- Maintaining stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
- Ability to maintain a high energy level and positive attitude.