Summerfield Custom Wellness is a nutrition counseling practice specializing in workplace wellness. Our mission is to inspire our patients with confidence and empower them with skills to become the healthy person they envision. Our vision is to create a shift in health-consciousness where an individual’s healthy choices come automatically and are in sync with their body’s needs.
We are looking to add a Registered Dietitian to our team to deliver quality care to patients in outpatient, telehealth, and worksite wellness settings. Summerfield dietitians help a wide range of patient populations with a variety of symptoms and disease states. This position is expected to deliver approximately 25 patient contact hours per week. While our practice is currently working with clients via telehealth only, this position will eventually deliver in-person patient care and report onsite approximately 3-4 days/week.
Qualifications & Skills
Candidates must reside in North Carolina and have a current North Carolina LDN license to be considered for the position. Our ideal candidate is someone who:
• Has a strong interest and experience in functional and/or integrative nutrition interventions.
• Is passionate about wellness and eager to help patients better their health.
• Approaches patients as individuals and creates wellness plans customized to individual patient’s needs,
goals, preferences, budget, and lifestyle.
• Employs motivational interviewing techniques to facilitate behavior change.
• Has a high level of confidence in counseling in general nutrition, weight loss/management, chronic
disease management, and meal planning.
• Has experience in outpatient counseling with complicated symptoms and disease states.
• Is a self-starter and eager to pursue new opportunities, insightfully plan for scheduling fluctuations, and
successfully manages client relationships.
• Can work independently while also remaining an active communicator with the team.
• Completes all documentation activities (charting, billing, etc.) within a defined deadline.
This is a full-time, salaried position with 40 working hours expected per week. Candidate must be willing to work a minimum of two evenings per week and travel within 25 miles for worksite clients. The anticipated start date is early December 2021. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume, cover letter, and salary requirements by email to email@example.com.
To learn more about our practice, please visit https://summerfieldcustomwellness.com/about/careers/.
Please note that due to COVID-19, all interviews, training, and onboarding activities will be conducted virtually. It is likely that the candidate chosen for this position will begin patient appointments exclusively by telehealth, as we will not resume on-site visits until public health concerns have passed.