Stratedigm is seeking a bright, enthusiastic and independent Electrical Engineer.
Roles and responsibilities
The successful candidate for this position needs to be a quick learner and comfortable wearing many hats in a fast paced and demanding environment. The general responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
1. Design the next generation of high speed, low noise electronics and related firmware for analytical instrumentation in the field of cell biology
2. Gain working knowledge of the company’s products, including optics, fluidics, electronics, software and basic applications by attending trade shows, customer demos, product installations and participating in product support.
1. Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
2. Proficient with commercial PCB layout software, such as OrCAD
3. Fluent with writing VHDL or VERILOG for programmable devices such as CPLDs and FPGAs
4. Familiar with designing complex, low noise analog & digital electronics with ADCs, FIFOs, PLDs.
5. Familiar with programming in C, C++ assembly
6. Experience with high speed data transfer into a PC via EtherCat
7. Familiar with Linux driver and Kernal experience for embedded Software
8. Experience with PCI interface
9. Proficient with Microsoft Office
10. Experience with trouble shooting complex boards using Scopes, Logic analyzer and signal generators
1. Master’s degree in electrical engineering
2. Prior experience with analytical instrumentation
3. Experience with TI 28XX DSP’s
The following are traits that Stratedigm seeks in qualified candidates:
1 Integrity: Communicates and acts openly and honestly. Takes responsibility for results and shares credit fairly.
2 Persistence: Adapts to changing and challenging objectives with determination to succeed. Frames problems and challenges effectively to ensure the success of the customer, team, project and organization.
3 Courage: Sets aggressive goals and takes calculated risks to ensure Stratedigm meets or exceeds financial goals. Never afraid to tackle new responsibilities.
4 Teamwork: Acts for the good of the many.
5 Initiative: Confronts and solves issues.
6 Customer Focus: Makes internal and external customers successful. Lives Stratedigm’s core values.
7 Innovation: Ability to solve problems creatively and on schedule and budget in order to meet customer needs.
8 Negotiation: Effective negotiator, willing to invest time to create optimized solutions rather than early compromises.
9 Fiscal responsibility: Manage budgets effectively and stretches the value of a dollar.
Constant improvement: Desire to improve on previous accomplishment and willingness to accept increased responsibility.
Stratedigm’s core values
· We persevere
· We learn from our mistakes and face our successes with humility
· We look each other in the eyes and tell the truth
· We will never take any steps that are detrimental to our organization
We demand ownership over our deliverables and accept accountability