Responsibilities and Duties:
- Review & analyze closing documents, requirements and instructions prior to settlement.
- Conduct Virginia residential real estate settlements which include, but not limited to purchases and refinances and provide a review of the closing documents with the signing parties.
- Ensure the proper signature(s) on all closing documents and notarize documents accordingly.
- Build & maintain relationships and interact with realtors, lenders, attorneys, builders & all other clients.
- Review & prepare Closing Disclosure(s), ALTA Settlement Statement(s).
- Act as a dependable liaison between all parties to ensure the client has a seamless settlement.
- Possess ownership and direct accountability.
- Resolve any discrepancies that may arise expeditiously.
Role Specific Knowledge & Qualifications:
- 2+ years of Virginia real estate closing experience.
- Licensed Title Producer – Virginia (required).
- Certification as a notary public – Virginia (required).
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate both internally and externally to solidify business partnerships and a positive work environment.
- Knowledge of real estate guidelines, ALTA Best Practices & RESA regulations.
- Strong organizational skills & the ability to multi-task.
- Adherence to company safety standards and help promote a safe working environment for all employees & clients.
- Valid driver’s license.
First Excel Title Offers:
- Competitive compensation.
- Eligible for sign-on bonus.
- Strong adherence to COVID-19 Best Practices for the safety of staff.
- 401K & More!
Position Details: This position is based out of our Richmond office & is part-time.
Why First Excel Title?
Let’s face it, not all title companies are the same & very few are the preferred title company for some of the largest privately owned Residential Builders in the region AND are also experienced in the area of construction loans & land acquisitions. We do it all! We have multiple office locations and our wide range of clients span from individuals looking to refinance and/or purchase property to local builders and private real estate investors. It is our hope that we can add you to our First Excel Title family. If you enjoy a fast-paced work environment where you can make an impact daily, we’re looking for you!
First Excel Title, LLC, a rapidly growing, Washington Business Journal “Top Title & Escrow Company” serving Virginia, Maryland, & District of Columbia, is currently seeking a highly skilled, detail and customer-oriented Real Estate Settlement Agent.