Cost and Procurement Accountant | Medical Devices – Biotech | Hanover, MD
SN is helping our client find Talent! We are seeking a Cost and Procurement Accountant with excellent organizational, analytical, planning, and spreadsheet skills, to work in a rapidly growing high tech setting. Work in a creative team environment for a small, fast-paced growing medical device manufacturer.
The Cost and Procurement accountant is expected to be detail oriented, knowledgeable with statistics, a good communicator, and have strong problem-solving skills. The successful candidate will be confident, professional, and meticulous with a keen interest in the cost-efficient operations of the organization. Top candidates will have outstanding presentation and writing skills, with the ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a team, and to maintain positive supplier relations.
Responsibilities – Cost Accounting:
• Develop and maintain a cost accounting system, documentation, and records of the organization.
• Analyze costs and recommend cost savings.
• Prepare and complete internal cost audits.
• Comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for financial statements.
• Analyze data collected and log a detailed record of the results.
• Analyze any changes in goods or services provided in order to determine what effect it has on cost.
• Analyze manufacturing costs and prepare regular reports comparing budgeted costs to actual costs.
• Make estimates of new and proposed product costs.
• Provide management with reports that specify and compare factors that affect prices and profitability of products or services.
• Assist in financial audits and general ledger preparation.
• Conduct physical inventories and monitor the cycle count program.
Responsibilities – Procurement:
• Preparing plans for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies.
• Following the company’s procurement policies and procedures.
• Reviewing, comparing, analyzing, and approving products and services to be purchased.
• Managing inventories and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records.
• Maintaining and updating supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
• Maintaining good supplier relations and negotiating contracts.
• Researching and evaluating prospective suppliers.
• Preparing budgets, cost analyses, and reports.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field (essential).
• 2+ years of Cost Accounting work experience (essential), with exposure to the procurement function.
• Sound understanding of accounting principles.
• Solid cost systems background.
• Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
• Meticulous attention to detail with superb organizational skills.
• Strong communication and negotiation skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent report-writing skills.
• Working proficiency with Microsoft Office.
Noxilizer is fast-growing medical technology company that provides ultra-low temperature nitrogen dioxide sterilization that offers many benefits over traditional sterilization methods. Our customers are the leading global pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device companies developing the next generation of products. Noxilizer products and services include: feasibility studies, consulting, sterilization equipment, consumable product line, and customer and technical service. Noxilizer’s headquarters are in Hanover, MD and has offices in Japan.
• Salary and bonus
• Health and dental insurance
• 10 days of paid time off, plus many federal holidays
Noxilizer is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).