The Center for Neuroscience has an opening for a Research Associate in its internationally-recognized Sleep and Circadian Neurobiology research program.
You will have the opportunity to participate in cutting-edge basic neuroscience funded by the U.S. National Institutes of Health as well as translational studies funded by biotech and pharmaceutical company sponsors intended to drive new products to the market. You will work with a team of Ph.D. neuroscientists, biomedical engineers and pharmacologists to publish research in high quality journals and deliver valuable information to commercial research sponsors to enable go/no-go drug development decisions.
The primary duties in this position:
- Management of electrophysiological data acquisition systems, assistance with surgeries, scoring of EEG/EMG records, general support of ongoing studies including behavioral assays, and meticulous record keeping.
- Other duties may include histology, immunohistochemistry and microscopy. Experience with RNA extraction and other molecular biology techniques a large plus.
- The ability to follow protocols and to conduct in vivo work independently after appropriate training is essential.
- Computer skills and the ability to comply with strict regulatory requirements are critical.
- Preference will be given to applicants with in vivo research experience including management of biological resources and neuroscience research experience.
- Candidates must be proactive, detail-oriented and effective communicators, who can multitask efficiently, and work well as part of a team to support multiple investigators.
- Some weekend work will be required.
For appointment as a Research Associate I: Knowledge of scientific theory associated with a Bachelor’s in Biological Sciences or related field and at least 6 months experience.
For appointment as a Research Associate II: Knowledge of scientific theory associated with a Bachelor’s in Biological Sciences or related field or equivalent education and 2 years experience or a Master’s degree in Biological Sciences or related field.
- Other Requirements : –A post-offer, pre-laboratory placement physical examination may be required.
- U.S. Permanent Resident status required
SRI is committed to creating and celebrating a diverse workplace that recognizes and values differences, and reflects the communities where our employees live and where our clients operate. This includes valuing differences of race, ethnicity, age, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, body type/physical appearance, disability/differently abled and work styles, or any other legally protected category.