FULLY REMOTE POSITION AND CLEARANCE OFFERED
SpinSys, a leading Health IT solution provider, focuses on advancing healthcare innovations through leveraging industry-leading technologies. We are looking to add integral members to our DHA service delivery team to provide leading industry, cloud-based, mobile, web, BI, AI, and big data solutions. If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a small team of high-caliber developers, administrators and engineers focused on solving challenges using best-of-breed open-source and in-house developed solutions; then the SpinSys team is where you want to be. Our colleagues rated us 5 Stars on Glassdoor, and we are a Fortune-certified Great Place to Work, with 99% of our colleagues proud to work here. Learn more about our unique culture and awards at jobs.spinsys.com.
SpinSys offers an exceptional package of benefits including a comprehensive subsidized health insurance through a nationwide United HealthCare provider and fully paid dental, and vision insurance. We have unlimited vacation and sick leave as well as 10 paid holidays every year. Our 401(k) program is matched and is immediately vested upon entry to the plan. Tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, casual open work environment, flexible work arrangements and paid training are just some of the other benefits we offer.
- Participate in all phases of the system development lifecycle, including creating technical designs, program code, test plans, and verifying test results. Apply reusable code design and design patterns in a test-driven development environment
- Develop technical design documentation based on functional design specifications and implement moderately complex Java/J2EE web service applications
- Work as part of a team of developers (user-interface, middle-tier business logic, data access) and application architects interfacing with business analysts, database developers, infrastructure architects, and quality assurance testers to ensure the successful delivery of an integrated solution meeting the needs of the business.
- Provide development estimates for implementation and project plans
- Review applications in all phases of development to ensure adherence to development standards
- Research, recommend and adopt best practices and design patterns for development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or a similar science and engineering discipline, and a minimum of 5 years of progressive post-graduate experience
- Fluent in Java with a minimum of 5 years of experience in building scalable web-based applications or products. The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of Spring WS Framework, Java Persistence API (JPA), Hibernate, and messaging services such as JMS.
- Proven skills in design and development of Web Services and Persistence APIs, with a minimum of 3 years of experience in both
- Strong object-oriented design skills and familiarity with the use of modeling and common design patterns with n-tier applications.
- Experience writing complex SQL queries and applying SQL and database concepts in an environment with both MS SQL Server and Oracle databases. The ideal candidate will also have a working knowledge of NoSQL databases.
- Preference is given to candidates exposed to test-driven software development, testing methodologies, and agile software methodologies such as SCRUM and XP.
- Must have a product development mindset with a passion for delivering quality code.
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Must be a US Citizen and able to obtain an Active DoD SECRET clearance; currently having an active clearance is a plus.
No contractors or third parties please. EOE/M/F/D/V. We participate in E-Verify. We are an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.