The Spencer Stuart Internship
Spencer Stuart offers Analyst Interns a fast-paced, intellectually engaging, entrepreneurial environment working with a diverse group of energetic professionals who are former business leaders and management consultants. Interns have a unique opportunity to gain broad exposure to a variety of industries and functions and to learn about the careers of leading executives around the world. Interns also participate in trainings designed to broaden their skill set and familiarity with executive search.
Upon entry, Interns will be assigned an Advisor, Mentor and Buddy to facilitate a smooth onboarding and provide guidance and support during the summer. Interns will also receive performance feedback formally and informally throughout their experience.
Analyst Interns will work on strategic projects in teams with Associates and Consultants. Responsibilities include:
- Coordinating research and completing analysis on multi-faceted business development projects
- Identifying creative solutions to search assignments and new business issues
- Providing research and analysis support to management and participating in special projects
Analyst Interns will work simultaneously on a variety of projects that vary greatly in size and complexity. Some projects target a narrowly defined business problem, while other projects address much larger strategic needs which may result in the creation of a presentation, report, or intellectual capital piece (i.e. article). At the conclusion of the summer, Analyst Interns will have the opportunity to present their projects and learnings.
- Open to rising seniors only
- Strong academic performance is required (3.3+ GPA) and while all majors are welcome, a degree in business or human capital is preferred
- Emerging leadership skills demonstrated though broad extracurricular involvement, which may include internships, work experience, community service, athletics or roles in student-led organizations
- Advanced research and analysis skills (either through coursework or previous work experience)
- Strong project and time management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A self-starter who is naturally curious, team-oriented and tenacious
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Permanent US work authorization