X-ray / CT Scan
Location: Spartanburg Medical Center – 101 East Wood Street, Spartanburg, SC 29303
Hours: Monday – Thursday, 10-hour shifts
New grads are eligible for a $5,000 sign on bonus!
The X-ray/CT Technologist performs a variety of specialized tasks involved in the performance of X-ray and CT scans.
What You Will Need
- Completion of a 24-month accredited and approved School of Radiologic Technology plus completion of an accredited CT program
- New grads welcome to apply!
- Current ARRT Registry in Radiography and Advanced certification in CT
- Current SCQRSA
- BLS Certification
What You Can Expect
- Perform complex specialized tasks associated with the operation of X-Ray and CT scanners and related equipment in accordance with prescribed radiation safety procedures. Position patients for X-Ray and CT scans using immobilization and protective equipment as necessary.
- Evaluate X-Ray and CT scans for technical quality, collate processed images in sequence per protocol and appropriately label. Complete appropriate documentation on all systems, mark review and transmit to PACS in a timely manner.
- Assist other healthcare professionals with imaging procedures, starting IV’s, delivery of oral contrast and injecting contrast, when applicable.
- Assist radiologist with fluoroscopic X-ray and interventional CT procedures
- Positively responds and implements change when needed and has good decision-making skills.
- Assists with quality control and maintenance of all equipment in the area
- Properly utilize accessory equipment such as injectors, patient moving devices, stretchers, warmers, scanners, printers, and PACS workstations
- Prepare patients for procedures, explain procedures to patients. Report changes in patient condition to medical staff. Provide an oral and/or written clinical history to the radiologist and other healthcare professionals.
- Assists in training of new staff and of students during clinical rotations
- Follows, maintains and helps implement hospital and departmental policies and procedures
- Consistently communicates with patients, guests, staff and physicians in a positive manner
- Knowledgeable of compliance and regulatory requirements and adheres to Federal, State, accrediting bodies, and standard practice of care for patients, staff, guests and facilities
- Adheres to departmental procedures and protocols
- Rotating schedules for holidays
- Ensure correct charging of procedures and supplies daily
- Works as a team member with peers and other departments. Responds calmly and efficiently to situations.
- Regularly attend departmental meeting, in-services and actively participate in continuing education activities
- Other duties as requested by supervisor or manager