Accelerating innovation in space; R&D and Manufacturing in Space to Create a Better Future for Humanity.
Space Tango is creating a global market for health and technology applications in low-Earth orbit through the innovative design and automation of in-space hardware. Recognized for our expertise in the design, build, and operation of integrated systems, Space Tango’s dynamic team is dedicated to collaborative problem-solving encouraged by a culture of innovation, iteration, and a passion for humanity. At Space Tango, you have a chance to change the world from space.
Space Tango, located in Lexington, KY has a current opportunity for a Biological Sciences Intern responsible for assisting with the development, integration, and testing of CubeLab systems to execute the intended goals of specific microgravity investigations and continual internal improvement projects.
- Perform multiple individual task assignments and ensure they are completed according to schedule.
- Produce high-quality and reliable task products.
- Develop and maintain detailed documentation associated with specific tasks.
- Share novel ideas with team members that could improve existing or developing designs.
- Maintain consistent communication with an assigned company mentor.
- Participate in communication within the multidisciplinary project and functional teams.
- Maintain the highest standards of excellence, never settle for the status quo.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- 1+ year completion toward a degree in Biology, Cell Biology, Biotechnology, or related technical discipline
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with: Experimental design
- Data analysis
- Working in a cell biology laboratory
- Mammalian cell culture
- Sterile technique
- 1+ year technical working experience in a related environment
- Experience working on an independent research project, work-study, etc.
- Knowledge of:
- Microgravity payloads
- Space/aerospace systems
- Manage and track multiple priorities while maintaining a focus on common project goals
- Attention to detail and creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment that includes working with changing needs and requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for both a technical and non-technical audience
- Motivated for self, team, and company success
- Willingness to learn new skills and techniques from both external and internal sources
- Identify simple continuous improvement projects within the scientific functional team
- Learn scientific functional team platforms and tools
- Assist primary biological science representative for spaceflight projects
- Assist the scientific functional team in conceiving, executing, and interpreting experiments
- Research existing technologies/processes within the scientific functional team
- Coordinate development of simple project elements within the scientific functional team
- Assist with the development of project-associated documentation (user requirements, test plans, standard operating procedures, experiment protocols, etc.).
- Research the scientific background of an assigned project
- Assist in data analysis and report generation.
- Assist in troubleshooting issues within a project as they arise
- Adhere to scientific functional team quality assurance practices to ensure high-quality Space Tango products.
Due to launch windows, Space Tango hires interns for extended cycles that typically span two academic semesters. The Fall Cycle begins in August and ends in May. The Spring Cycle begins in January and ends in August. The Summer Cycle begins in May and ends in December. Please be sure to double-check the application cycle noted in the position title.
Space Tango is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Space Tango is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
All offers of employment at Space Tango are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check and your ability to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.