Who We Are:
The Intelligent Systems Division develops automated solutions for commercial and government clients in multiple domains including transportation (traffic management, connected automated vehicle), manufacturing robotics, medical prognostics and communication standards.
Objectives of this Role:
- Serve as a researcher and software developer on teams developing hardware and software solutions for technology areas such as Connected Vehicles (CV) and Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS).
- Develop, test, and deploy hardware and software systems that utilize advanced wireless communications technologies (dedicated short-range communication [DSRC], cellular vehicle-to-everything [C-V2X], 5G, etc.) to improve transportation safety and mobility.
- Additional information about the type of work conducted by the Cooperative Systems Section can be found at: https://www.swri.org/connected-vehicle-technologies
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Participate in all phases of the development cycle, including requirements definition, hardware/software systems design, implementation, testing, and integration.
- Develop software systems to enable vehicle-to-everything (V2X) safety and mobility applications.
- Support configuration, testing, and deployment of V2X hardware and software systems and applications in real-world settings.
- Initiate advanced research and development programs, interact with clients, make technical presentations, prepare technical reports.
- Requires a Bachelors or a Masters with a 3.25 GPA in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or directly related
- 0-1 years: BS candidates must have relevant academic coursework in connected vehicles and project experience and/or internship experience
- Strong systems engineering and software development skills and experience (preferably object-oriented programming language, such as C++ and/or C#)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well individually and as a member of a technical project team
- A valid/clear driver’s license is required
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.