Sol Systems is a leading financier and developer in the solar industry, dedicated to creating a platform for compassionate entrepreneurs to have a meaningful impact in the world. The company has developed and/or financed over one hundred projects and has financed over 800MW (over one billion dollars) in solar assets.
Sol Systems is seeking an Intern for our Risk team in our Washington, DC office. This is an excellent position for students currently pursuing degrees in Business, Mathematics, Engineering, Finance, Economics, or related field, with a strong passion in the solar industry.
The intern can expect to work closely with the trading organization to understand the risks in the environmental commodities portfolio that includes; RGGI, CCA, RECs and SRECs.
The Risk Intern will be responsible for:
- Maintain daily reporting package including profit and loss, position, VaR, and Stop Loss
- The ability to work with large data sets to extract data for analysis and reporting. The ability to use the data to generate conclusions and for further analysis.
- Assisting in the development of automated tools to measure and size risk and the performance of the portfolio.
- Improving the software and analytical tools the team uses to manage positions, risks and portfolio performance.
- Provide research and analytical support on new market research, specific transactions, portfolio exposure reports, the weekly and monthly risk committee meetings, and in support of the build out of the risk management framework.
- Additional ad hoc projects will be assigned as needed.
A successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Desire to join and work in a fast-paced commodity trading environment
- Energized by a high-standards work product environment
- Strong interest in renewable energy markets; commodity markets experience a plus
- Ability to review and analyze large sets of information quickly and provide written analysis / graphic summary of data
- Related experience in a research or data management role; experience analyzing markets a plus
- Experience using Excel, PowerPoint, and Word; Python, PowerBI and SQL a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Talent for time management and attention to detail
- Highly organized individual with a strong work ethic
- Deep curiosity about how markets function and interact with regulatory institutions
- Strong collaboration and relationship skills
Location & Hours: This position can be based in our Washington, DC office or remotely. We are looking for candidates who can commit between 12-20 hours per week.
Commitment & Compensation: This is a paid internship.
To Apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
Sol Systems is an equal-opportunity employer, and does not discriminate based on gender, race, ethnicity, orientation, creed, or other trait. Sol System supports and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.