Soft Tech Consulting is seeking a highly motivated, self-directed and experienced individual to fill the role of a Network Engineer for our existing government client in the Franconia/Springfield, VA area. There is some telework flexibility available during COVID.
MUST HAVE TOP SECRET CLEARANCE
Secret clearance considered but must be upgradeable to Top Secret clearance
- Install, configure, and maintain an organization’s local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), data communications network, operating systems, and physical and virtual servers.
- Ensure the stable operation and efficient performance of data networks, monitoring and managing all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches and encryption, analyzing network performance across the organization’s LANs and WANs, and identifying and developing remedies for network performance bottlenecks
- May perform system monitoring and verify the integrity and availability of hardware, network, and server resources and systems.
- Review system and application logs and verify completion of scheduled jobs, including system backups.
- Analyze network and server resource consumption and control user access. Install and upgrade software and maintain software licenses.
- May assist in network modeling, analysis, planning, and coordination between network and data communications hardware and software.
- Provide network performance statistics and reports
- Install and configure all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches and encryption
- Inspect, maintain and where necessary replace network cabling and other network-related equipment
- Administer hardware and software upgrades for network equipment
- Perform network design and capacity planning
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for network resource administration, appropriate use and disaster recovery
- Perform network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information
- Administer and maintain user accounts, permissions and access rights
- Recommend, schedule and perform network improvements, upgrades and repairs
- Interact with vendors, outsourcers and contractors to secure network products and services
- Other duties may be assigned by management
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline is preferred
- 2+ years or more of directly related experience
- Experience with Juniper network solutions required
- Shall have a solid working knowledge of network security measures, experience with network management and analysis tools such as SolarWinds
- Knowledge of Firewalls (Palo Alto, Forcepoint Stonegate…)
- Experience installing, configuring, maintaining and supporting network hardware and software
- Experience working with LANs and WANs
- Juniper or Cisco network certifications are a plus
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Time management skills to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Dependable, great attitude and team player
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Flexibility to work in a changing environment
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.