In partnership with families, SOAR365 creates life-fulfilling opportunities for individuals with disabilities, annually serving over 1,400 people and their families. Founded in 1954, SOAR365 is an organization created by families, for families; an organization that has grown to provide a continuum of programs and services for individuals with disabilities across the lifespan.
With multiple locations throughout central Virginia, SOAR365 programs span the lifecycle and assist people with disabilities to live happy, successful and meaningful lives. Programs and services include: Pediatric Therapy Services; Adult & Youth Day Services; Workforce Development Services; and Residential (Summer Camp and Respite) Services.
Marketing & Communications Description
The SOAR365 Marketing & Communications department is responsible for a variety of initiatives, including printed and digital communications that promote programs, services, events, fundraising opportunities, and volunteer engagement. Marketing employs an aggressive Public Relations outreach to local and regional media, supported by social media and targeted print and digital advertising to build awareness for SOAR365 programs and services.
SOAR365 is seeking a social media intern to help a growing marketing department within a large human services agency achieve greater visibility and engagement across a variety of social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, SOAR365’s web site, etc.)
Key responsibilities include collecting information through and collaborating with departmental staff at multiple locations, writing/developing content, editing photos, posting according to schedules, and contributing to the organization’s social media strategy.
· Ability to understand and connect a variety of SOAR365 audiences (parents/caregivers, donors, business customers, volunteers, larger community)
· Adept at utilizing all social media channels, including features such as boosting and ads
· Knowledge of social media scheduling and management tools, such as Loomly, and graphic design tools, such as Canva
· Ability to use analytics/data to drive social media strategy
· Creative mindset; ability to identify newsworthy posts and execute
· Ability to collaborate with internal staff at multiple locations
· Strategic thinking & tactical execution
· Strong writing and editorial skills, especially for social media channels
· Good eye for engaging visual imagery and photography
This position reports directly to the Communications & PR Manager.
- A minimum of 10 hours per week is preferred.
- Schedule can be negotiated.
- Please note that this is an unpaid internship.