Sister Girlfriends, INC. is a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization dedicated to Educating, Embracing and Empowering women and girls to reach their full potential in life by overcoming challenges.
Grant Writer Job Responsibilities:
- Prepares proposals by determining concept, gathering and formatting information, writing drafts, and obtaining approvals.
- Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs, studying requests for proposal (RFPs), and attending strategy meetings.
- Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, approval, and transmittal.
- Enters and monitors tracking data.
- Coordinates requirements with contributors and contributes proposal status information to review meetings.
- Gathers proposal information by identifying sources of information, coordinating submissions and collections, and identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
- Develops proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation.
- Writes, revises, and edits drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
- Prepares presentation by evaluating text, graphics, and binding and coordinating printing.
- Maintains quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases.
- Obtains approvals by reviewing proposal with key providers and project managers.
- Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate.
- Bachelor’s or Masters’s degree in English, Journalism, Media (or working towards degree), or related field
- Minimum of 1-year experience in grant writing, prospect research, general fundraising or a minimum of 2 years comparable and transferable skills acquired in a professional setting
This is a remote non- paid internship opportunity, meaning you can be located anywhere in the world provided you have a computer and a reliable internet connection. We will need you for about 15-25 hours per week which you can allocate based on your schedule.
This is an unpaid internship but also an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the non-profit field. However, we are happy to work with your academic institution to help you obtain credit for your engagement.