As an Analyst on SIG’s Research team, you will partner with our senior analysts and traders to identify investment opportunities in the equity and options markets. Research analysts provide in-depth company analysis around future catalyst events and provide real-time opinions on breaking news throughout the trading day. You will be responsible for finding opportunities that other market participants may not be capitalizing on, either by discovering new information or considering existing knowledge from a different perspective. Analysts work on the trading floor and are placed on a sector-focused team. Analysts work collaboratively with traders who rely heavily on the analysis you provide to make trading decisions.
At SIG, we place a high value on education and development, especially for recent graduates. You will experience this dedication to training firsthand as you work collaboratively with the research analysts and traders on your desk to gain the practical exposure needed to perform your daily responsibilities. You will also participate in classroom education where you will learn about options and the decision-making strategies that our traders employ. This role provides the unique opportunity to combine the quantitative aspects of finance with creative problem solving in order to develop trade ideas in a fast-paced proprietary trading environment.
What You’ll Do
- Identify and analyze catalyst events for the stocks or sector under coverage
- Perform stock valuation analysis
- Collaborate with derivative traders on investment ideas
- Provide real-time opinions on breaking news
- Forecast dividends
- Evaluate special situations such as mergers and acquisitions and other corporate actions
- Travel to company events and conferences as required
What we’re looking for
- Students in the last year of their bachelors or master’s degree looking to start a full-time job upon graduation
- Strong written, analytical, and financial research skills
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Prior exposure to fundamental company research strongly preferred
- Familiarity with a trading environment and derivative products preferred
- Must be a self-starter, a quick learner, an effective communicator, and resourceful in solving problems
- Willingness to work additional and flexible hours when necessary
- Will not require sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.
We do not post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed on a third party website was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate.