PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION:
The Risk, Information Security and Compliance (RISC) team is accountable for strategy, policies, standards, process, procedures, oversight and assurance of IT risk, security, and compliance at Sheetz. Additional services include risk and security consulting, review and certification of applications and systems, investigations and eDiscovery.
This internship opportunity will be in RISC department of the Information Technology (IT) organizational unit. Cybersecurity & Compliance lead our efforts to protect our information and technology as well as ensures Sheetz remains compliant with all regulatory mandates.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (other duties may be assigned)
This position(s) will provide the intern with an opportunity to gain valuable industry experience in related to various aspects of Cybersecurity. Successful candidate(s) will be given an opportunity to apply concepts, protocols and tools acquired through coursework in the real world by working side-by-side our RISC team.
- Security monitoring, security incident response, vulnerability management and penetration testing
- Research and documentation development on how various technologies and processes work
- Gathering, reporting and delivery of security metrics
- Various small projects and process assistance as needed
REQUIREMENTS: (Equivalent combinations of education, licenses, certifications and/or experience may be considered)
- EducationUndergraduate with coursework in an IT related field of study.
- ExperienceCandidates with requirements to fulfill an internship prior to graduation are preferred.
- Coursework in cybersecurity and / or compliance a plus.
- Strong communication skills, including written and verbal.
- Resourceful self-starter with a strong sense of urgency.
- Strong professionalism and customer service skills.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.