The BAS Designer is responsible for generating quality Building Automation System (BAS) drawings for Seiberlich Trane Energy Services projects. This includes selecting appropriate controllers, creating control drawings/wiring diagrams, reviewing/creating control sequences of operation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Develops drawings, submittals, sequences, and control / system strategies, and creates submittal packages for the project.
· Interprets drawings and specifications to verify that we can meet project and customer expectations.
· Responsible for control system design and material selection for BAS submittals.
· Generates and tracks submittals packages
· Generates and tracks requests for information
· Orders and tracks materials required to fulfill the project.
· Assists with graphics generation for control systems.
· Possesses basic knowledge of Air Conditioning systems and controls.
· Position requires excellent computer skills and a knowledge of computer drawing programs, as required.
· Interface with management, technicians & customers
· Attend internal project team meetings to ensure accurate transfer of information
· Communicate effectively with other team members concerning problems, obstacles, issues, and information needs
· Flexibility to work overtime/weekends, as required
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
The position requires an Associate’s Degree in Computer Aided Drafting or Engineering Technology; or two (2) years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and mastery of Auto Cad or Visio, and Blue Print reading experience are also required.
The BAS Designer will have the ability to read and write simple correspondence and to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver’s License (occasional errands)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone, talk, hear and lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position works in a typical office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.