Unique opportunity to join a small and growing team with $41.1 billion in assets under management. Security Benefit is a leader in the U.S. retirement market whose investment portfolio has consistently delivered industry leading returns through a rigorous and differentiated investment strategy. Your responsibilities will be focused on helping manage the Special Situations and Private Equity portfolio.
The Portfolio Management Associate’s responsibilities will include, among other things:
- Portfolio Management: Responsible for active management of Security Benefit’s Special Situation and Private Equity portfolio, which includes pricing, trade entry, periodic reporting, and handling of audit, finance, investment operation, legal and regulatory requests.
- Reporting: Develop and support unified modeling, reporting and data aggregation systems. Leverage technology to generate value-add reporting tailored to suit a variety of audiences. Provide in an organized, efficient and consistent manner, regular and ad-hoc reports and supporting data.
- Portfolio Analytics: Monitor and analyze the financial and operational performance of investments by attending update calls, reviewing company reports and financial statements, and summarizing updates and analysis for the broader team and other internal stakeholders. Tracking performance against underwriting and budget expectations, including preparing and updating variance reports. Preparing monthly and quarterly performance attribution, dashboards, commentary, as well as ad-hoc analysis for both internal and external use.
- Firm Management: Coordinate with numerous internal constituents to facilitate all aspects of reporting and analysis, including supporting: deal teams with new acquisitions and investment onboarding; internal teams with cash management, financing management, trade operations, accounting and reporting.
- Relationship Management: Form and maintain business relationships by interfacing with borrowers, sponsors, fund managers and other parties related to the existing portfolio.
- Financial Analysis and Investment Due Diligence: Support the Investment Team with conducting financial analysis and overall due diligence on existing and new potential investments to understand business performance, operating trends, operating and financial forecasts, industry dynamics and assessing the overall risk of an investment.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related fields.
- Progress toward CFA, CCIM, and/or MBA preferred (support to be provided)
- Typically has 2+ years of investment analysis or investment reporting. Prior experience in investment banking, private equity, and/or debt investing is preferred
- Strong understanding of financial reporting and accounting concepts
- General understanding of the interaction between risk tolerance, investment parameters and the numerous constraints faced by insurance firms including capital, tax and other accounting related factors
- Ideal candidate will be well organized, independent, entrepreneurial, assertive, self-motivated, detail oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects
- Ideal candidate will be intellectually curious, possessing a strong desire to understand complex transactions and situations in a dynamic environment
- Strong work ethic with a team-oriented approach
- Strong understanding of financial markets
- Strong quantitative, analytical, modeling and financial analysis skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to work well with people at all levels of the organization and develop/maintain external relationships
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, with proficiency in other Microsoft Office applications
Consider joining our progressive team in our nationally recognized company. Apply online at securitybenefit.com/careers and submit your resume. EOE