** Please note: This internship is currently scheduled to be remote.
This may be changed to an onsite internship in the future pending COVID updates. **
Second Spectrum is building the next way of seeing sports. We deliver unique and innovative solutions through unparalleled capabilities in machine understanding of sports.
- We are the official tracking and analytics provider of the English Premier League, NBA, and MLS and have numerous clients across multiple sports at the team, league, and media levels.
- We developed a real-time video augmentation pipeline that powers the innovative content featured in products like the award-winning Clippers CourtVision, and has also been used by ESPN, Turner Sports, BT Sport, FOX, and International NBA League Pass.
- We produce the most accurate tracking data with the fastest high-quality output by leveraging the most automated and extensible solution in the market.
We are constantly innovating. We believe that technology will revolutionize the way that sports are played, coached, and experienced, and that the work to make this happen has just begun.
The Role: Software Engineering Intern (Summer 2022)
This is a 12 week, 40 hour/week internship. We try to match each intern with the best group based on personal and professional interests. Our groups include Software Engineering and Infrastructure (DevOps, SysOps, IT, Systems, Hardware)
What You’ll Do:
• Learn, grow, develop and have fun!
• Have impactful contributions to meaningful projects that professional sports teams, broadcasters, and consumers use.
What You Have:
• Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD in Computer Science
• Demonstrate strong academic performance
• Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong willingness to learn from teammates
• Familiarity with C++, Java or Python
What Sets You Apart:
• Current participation in or a demonstrated passion for sports is a substantial plus
• Experience with Rust, Golang, Scala, Haskell, Erlang, or Clojure
Our Work Environment and What You Will Benefit From:
• Cutting-edge products to work on for major professional sports leagues and teams
• Team-oriented, start-up mindset, innovative and dynamic environment, which encourages growth and provides opportunities to make an impact
• Flat hierarchy and collaborative management led by highly-qualified technical leads
As a general approach, we interview for aptitude over specific technologies or languages. Please be prepared to speak to anything listed on your resume or in your portfolio.