ABOUT THE ROLE
Second Front Systems (2F) is seeking a motivated content writer intern to support our team. We are a fast-growing entrepreneurial team working at the convergence of technology and national security. The work will be dynamic and wide-ranging with content marketing efforts supporting the deployment and scale of new products.
As a content writing intern for Second Front Systems, your responsibilities will center around producing content to support the marketing and sales pipeline for our DevSecOps Platform as a Service (PaaS) Game Warden. Working closely with the Marketing and Growth teams, you will gain exposure to a public benefit start up’s strategy behind a product release.
What You’ll Do
- Weekly content writing (blogs/articles/emails/case studies/guides) in alignment with content strategy
- Meet with and interview internal subject matter experts to ensure specialized topics are accurate and appeal to target personas
- Ghost write thought leadership articles
- Collaborate with growth, product and design teams to identify value propositions
- Coordinate with graphics designer to build visual assets to pair with content materials
- Optimize content reuse by tracking keywords, calls to action, and shared topics to improve efficiency and consistency of content authoring
- Work with the marketing manager to write and develop new creative content for startups entering the government market
- Writing style should be concise, active, and confident with an eye for accuracy and attention-to-detail
- Skilled in research and translation of complex topics into easily understood written products
- Understanding of DevSecOps, cloud computing, cybersecurity, and IT in order to draft content on related topics
- An interest in learning about how to grow a brand through content marketing
- Customer-empathy: Passion for working with people and developing empathy to relate to customers (deliver our content in a way that the customer needs)
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Content development and/or technical writing experience in support of marketing efforts
- Familiarity with SaaS and PaaS sales
- Has a strong interest in matters of national securityViews obstacles as opportunities for growth
- Will strive to be both compassionate and direct with their feedback
- Be team-oriented and inclusive with their actions
Perks & Benefits
This internship is 20 hours/week for ~4 months. We’re a fully remote company that works flexible hours and has teams across the globe. As a public benefit corporation, we’re a team of purpose-driven trailblazers seeking to make a positive impact on the future of U.S. national security. But don’t let our intense mission focus fool you–take one step into our virtual workplace and you’ll find memes and gifs galore. When joining our team, you’ll have access to company executives and experts from across the organization ranging from marketing, sales, customer success, research, data, software development and more.
ABOUT SECOND FRONT SYSTEMS
Second Front Systems (2F) is a public benefit, venture-backed software company that equips defense and national security professionals for long-term, continuous competition for access to emerging technologies. Our products help speed, simplify and strengthen the acquisition process by collecting and tailoring relevant company and technology data, reducing cyber and foreign influence risk, and streamlining cybersecurity and compliance accreditation.
Founded by two former Marines with firsthand experience of the dangers outdated technology poses in combat, our team is dedicated to fast-tracking government access to disruptive, commercially-proven technology for U.S. national security missions. We serve as a trusted advisor in the defense and national security sector by empowering the federal government to move at the speed of relevance without sacrificing security and to achieve a strategic advantage.
Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, as well as having a bi-coastal and international presence, our distributed team spans across the world. We’re excited to welcome and bring on a variety of professionals looking to operate on the front lines of technological innovation. Visit our careers page to learn more about opportunities at Second Front Systems.