The Plant Financial Analyst is responsible for ensuring consistency and transparency in financial reporting for multiple facilities as well as oversight and compliance with all internal controls. This role will collaborate with sister sites in the development and application of best practices throughout the organization and will serve as the financial business partner to supply chain plants. This is a fast paced, high volume role with interaction including Plant Operations leadership, Supply Chain Finance leadership and Sales/Marketing.
• Provide accurate and timely analysis and interpretation to ensure accurate and actionable plant business decisions.
• Coordinate site finance for manufacturing variances, costing, general ledger accounting, performance metrics, inventory valuation and analysis, forecasting and budgeting. Deliver monthly financial results to supply chain management and division finance.
• Provide a leadership role that ensures a proper control environment
o Compliance with accounting policies and chart of accounts
o Co-ordinate and ensure that all accounting bookings are complete and accurate
o Evaluate business controls applied to the sites impacting manufacturing and inventory. Work with local management to implement and improve controls as needed.
o SOX compliance testing and documentation
o Ensure that budget & forecast processes are completed within the business timetable, assist in driving accountability.
o Certify that all transactions are recorded in line with Corporate Policy & Company Code of Conduct.
o Safeguard all company assets; participate in reviewing asset inventory and utilization.
• Lead the financial review of local site capital projects, to include working with the company Capital system, approvals and make good analysis.
• Provide facility finance support including reviewing and delivering monthly financial results, identification of areas needing corrective action, tracking of committed cost savings, supporting corporate and regional projects as needed.
• Review manufacturing information; work with the business to understand weekly/monthly performance versus standards to enable improvement in performance.
• Analyze, understand and explain the reasons for movement in all manufacturing costs including month and year to date comparisons to budget and prior year.
• Costing ownership which includes oversight of the annual standard cost campaign for compliance with regional directives, cost estimates, cross site comparisons, review and presentation of actual cost evolution and trends.
• Other analysis as needed for product lines or Supply Chain Finance.
• Responsibilities are not limited to the above requirements.
• Bachelor’s degree required (Accounting or Finance strongly preferred), advanced certifications preferred.
• 2 + years relevant finance experience with a background in manufacturing preferred.
• Must have ERP, IFS preferably or SAP experience. SAP implementation experience a plus.
• Experience with BI and HFM are a plus
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• CMA preferred but not required, other accounting qualifications may be considered.
o Able to work both independently and within a team, generating results with general/minimal guidance from management.
o Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with professional presentation.
o Must be flexible, innovative, and comfortable in setting own priorities.
o Ability to understand, interpret, and summarize large sets of data, and determine if the data accurately represents the business.
o Strong problem solving & analytical skills.
o Experience with high volume operations.
o Strong organization and planning skills.