SEAF (Small Enterprise Assistance Funds)
SEAF is a global private equity impact firm headquartered in Washington, D.C., that invests in small and medium-sized enterprises in emerging and frontier markets. SEAF also supports eleven Centers for Entrepreneurship and Development (CEED) around the world, providing training, mentoring, professional networks, and global access to entrepreneur-run businesses. SEAF and CEED are seeking an enthusiastic, creative, and organized Communications Intern, who will work with both teams and report to the Communications Manager. The Intern will support SEAF and CEED’s global communications and marketing initiatives and will have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the marketing strategy, including the launching of new initiatives for the organization, in addition to working on interesting side projects.
This intern will be expected to commit 15-25 hours per week and will work remotely for the duration of the internship. The start date and duration of the internship can be flexible. The internship is unpaid, however, it is optional that students may receive course credit. Students seeking this option should inquire with their academic advisor. Our team will gladly work with you and your advisor on achieving desired learning outcomes and completing the necessary paperwork.
ESSENTIAL INTERNSHIP FUNCTIONS:
· Support SEAF and CEED’s marketing and communications efforts, conducting market and industry research as needed
· Assist with marketing campaign rollouts, including the facilitation of virtual events, such as webinars, and launch of podcasts
· Assist with blog posts, web content, social media posts, and creation of marketing materials to promote SEAF’s and CEED’s impact and expand its reach
· Performing other duties as requested by supervisor
· Committed to SEAF’s and CEED’s missions and interested in impact investing
· Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, graphic design, English, international development, or another related field
· Ability to work well independently and function effectively as part of a geographically dispersed team
· Ability to take on diverse tasks and manage many priorities simultaneously
· Excellent writing, presentation, and copy-editing skills
· Experience working on international programs, especially in role/s that involved data collection among entrepreneurs and/or small and medium sized enterprises
· Strong problem-solving skills and a track record of adapting in response to opportunities and challenges
· A self-starter with professional maturity, attention to detail, and a team player
To apply please send your cover letter and resume to: Careers@seaf.com with “SEAF Marketing and Communications Intern” in the title of the email. Since an internship is meant to be a learning experience, cover letters should focus on your interest in this specific internship, how it will contribute to your career goals, and how it fills gaps in your training, experience, and/or education. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until a candidate is selected.