Schmidt Public Affairs is looking for a dynamic and experienced Account Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate is a strong writer, strategic thinker, successful project manager and effective communicator with at least 4 years of professional experience managing bioscience and/or health policy communications in fast-paced and deliverable-driven settings. A candidate with proven science writing skills and prior communications agency experience is strongly preferred.
ABOUT SCHMIDT PUBLIC AFFAIRS
Schmidt Public Affairs is an award-winning, boutique health policy and bioscience public affairs firm in Old Town Alexandria, Virginia that represents some of the nation’s leading health and bioscience organizations. We work closely with bioscience companies, health care coalitions, trade associations, health delivery organizations, patient groups and nonprofits to shape policy decisions and public opinion in DC and beyond. Schmidt Public Affairs offers a fun, casual and collaborative work environment among smart, hardworking, and forward-thinking PR professionals.
Schmidt Public Affairs staff members have been working remotely for the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic. We anticipate transitioning to a hybrid remote/in-office schedule in the future.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Roles and Duties:
- Communications Strategist. Working closely with senior staff, you will develop and implement integrated communications campaigns that are targeted toward specific audiences and incorporate messaging, earned and paid media, grassroots advocacy, social and digital media, strategic partnerships, marketing, crisis communications, and other tactical elements in support of campaign objectives. You will offer ongoing strategic counsel to staff and clients by monitoring new developments and proactively identifying opportunities to advance client goals. You will evaluate the success of communications activities by tracking, measuring and reporting on deliverables and key metrics.
- Project Manager. Working with staff and vendors and liaising directly with clients, you will implement project management and client relations best practices to ensure project and account teams are fulfilling deliverables and meeting project goals, client expectations, timelines and budget parameters.
- Health and Science Writer. You will draft and edit a wide range of communications collateral, including messaging documents, talking points, press releases, media pitches, media advisories, op-eds, cited guest commentary articles, email and social media content, letters to the editor, issue briefs, infographics, white papers, reports and fact sheets.
- At least 4 years of professional experience developing and evaluating communications strategy, managing projects and drafting communications collateral on behalf of bioscience or health care organizations (prior agency experience strongly preferred).
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Proactive self-starter with proven organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong understanding of media landscape and proven ability to develop and execute successful earned media campaigns.
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues, clients and partners.
- Exceptional communications and interpersonal skills.
- A desire to learn and always improve.
Send a cover letter, resume and 2-3 writing samples to email@example.com and include “Account Manager” in the subject line.
Compensation and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is $65,000 – $85,000 annually depending on qualifications and experience.
Schmidt Public Affairs offers a highly competitive benefits package that includes health and dental insurance, 401K, company provided computer and phone, parking or public transportation reimbursement, flexible vacation days, profit sharing and a bonus program.