Manager: Scientist III
Location: Richmond, CA
Sangamo Therapeutics is a genomic medicine company building value with cutting-edge work across four distinct but complementary technology platforms – gene therapy, cell therapy, in vivo genome editing, and in vivo genome regulation. Using its deep scientific expertise and proprietary zinc finger genome engineering technology, Sangamo is working to create genomic cures for patients suffering from severe genetic diseases for which today’s medicines can only treat symptoms. At Sangamo, we are passionate about transforming lives by building a robust, sustainable, differentiated, innovative, and high value genomic medicine pipeline that addresses patients with life-limiting conditions. Sangamo takes pride in being the first to edit endogenous human genes, first to treat patients with gene edited T cells, and first to treat patients with in vivo genome editing. Our top priority is to meet the needs of patients with commitment and compassion. Along with our commitment to science and to our patients, we also endeavor to create an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity. Sangamo is a company where individuals can flourish, grow and develop their expertise.
We are seeking top talent to join our mission. Let’s build a better future together.
Sangamo Therapeutics is seeking a senior-level Research Associate to join our Cell Therapy group, focusing on development of the next generation of cellular therapies. The successful candidate will contribute to the advancement of our CAR Treg platform. The environment is teamwork-oriented, exciting, fast-paced, and offers the opportunity to directly impact the clinical translation of genome editing.
- Production of cell lots for in vitro and in vivo research experiments using cell sorting:
- Isolation of primary human Treg cells and their maintenance in tissue culture
- Lentiviral transduction, in vitro electroporation, or AAV transduction to achieve gene editing and CAR expression.
- Perform downstream QC assays to assess the quality of the produced lots by flow cytometry.
- Document methods, maintain laboratory notebooks and databases for donor and lot traceability.
- Maintenance, set up (and some troubleshooting) of the Cell sorters and Cell analyzers.
- Operation of Sony SH800 and BD FACS Melody Cell sorters and of Attune instruments
- These responsibilities include performing quality control procedures as required.
- Support lab management and infrastructure with a focus on cell sorters and flow cytometry equipment by assisting with billing, orders, data backups and other administrative duties.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- B.Sc. in a related field and/or equivalent experience/training (preferably immunology or cell biology) with 8+ years’ of experience. Level will be dependent upon experience.
- Previous experience independently operating flow cytometry instruments.
- Highly proficient in multiparameter flow cytometry and experienced in applying rigorous, standardized methods to generate high quality data using FlowJo.
- Highly proficient with aseptic cell culture techniques and cell-based assays using primary human cells. Experience in Treg cell isolation and functional assessment a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Great attention to detail and excellent organization skills.
- Must have a goal-oriented mindset, be capable of prioritizing and working within timelines.
- Ability to work well in a matrix team environment
Sangamo is an equal opportunity employer
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above duties are representative only; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Note to External Recruiters: Please understand that we do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than from the candidates themselves. Any agency or independent recruiter must have a signed copy of our agency agreement before presenting candidates. Submission of unsolicited resumes without our signed agreement will not create any implied obligation on our part.
If you wish to be considered for the presentation of candidates, please contact us through Recruiting@sangamo.com. Attach your contact information, your area of specialty, and any marketing information you wish to provide. Someone from the Talent Acquisition Department will contact you directly if there is a business need for your services.