Do you have a passion for monitoring and evaluation of programs that could influence public health or solve complex problems? Have you ever wanted to help solve problems facing our country and countries around the world? If so, we have the opportunity for you! Come join our team to deliver the promise of science for the global good.
RTI is seeking a Public Health Analyst for Applied Global Health Research to provide research and analysis support for CDC’s Center for Global Health/Division of Global Health Protection (DGHP). This position is based in Atlanta and may be onsite within the CDC. This work will contribute to CDC applied research concerning global health security (GHS)as they relate to the GHS CORE-4 priority areas: surveillance systems, laboratory systems, public health workforce, and emergency response.
We are seeking a team member for this exciting, fast-paced environment. Our team supports applied research in the field of implementation science. This position may include support in development of standard operating processes, tools and data visualization techniques, and operations support.
• Assist with developing and implementing DGHP COVID-19 related applied research projects.
• Provide project management oversight for new GHS activities from conception to implementation.
• Provide technical support and assistance to DGHP Branches and CDC Country Offices on applied research activities and projects related to GHS.
• Recommend and develop templates and review processes for COVID-19 applied research special projects.
• Prepare and provide monthly status reports, culminating in a final report
• Provide support for DGHP with planning, designing, implementing, process improvement and enhancements related to the implementation of CDC’s global health programs.
• Master’s degree in public health or related field
• Minimum of 3-years or experience in the fields for global health, public health or related field
• High level proficiency in statistical software packages (e.g., SAS, SPSS, STATA, Atlas, MAXQDA, Excel, Access) and completion of at least 1 epidemiology class
• Experience in project management and multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
• Experience and skill in oral and written communication skills and strong ability to communicate across different management levels and with a variety of different audiences
• Experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis, and data visualization tool, methods and techniques.
• Experience providing high quality, detail-oriented products including analytic briefs, presentations, and reports with data visualizations
• Experience using interpersonal skills to develop, foster and maintain cooperative relationships
• Experience working in team settings with diverse, professional workforce
• Must be legally authorized to work in the US and not now, or in the future require sponsorship.
Preferred skills and experience, but not necessary or required:
• Experience with CDC and security clearance with CDC strongly preferred.
• Experience working with global health programs, this may include familiarity with Global Health Security, Field Epidemiology Training Programs (FETP), or other CDC global health programs.
• Ability to obtain proper security clearances as noted by contracts; government security clearance preferred.
• Prior experience in the fields of monitoring and evaluations, applied research, and research best practices
• Publication and oral presentation record