Rose Community Foundation seeks a Communications and Outreach Associate to utilize digital platforms, social media channels, print and video materials, and earned media to highlight the organization and its donor and nonprofit partners, amplify the Foundation’s thought leadership on key issues and promote a culture of engaged philanthropy.
ABOUT ROSE COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
Rose Community Foundation strives to advance inclusive, engaged and equitable Greater Denver communities through values-driven philanthropy. The Foundation envisions a thriving region strengthened by its diversity and generosity, and it utilizes the varied tools at its disposal – grantmaking, advocacy and philanthropic services – to advance this aspiration.
Since its founding in 1995, Rose Community Foundation has granted more than $327 million to nearly 2,000 nonprofit organizations and initiatives in the seven-county Greater Denver area. The Foundation has $330 million in total assets under management, with annual grantmaking of nearly $25 million. The Communications and Outreach Associate is a member of the Public Affairs team, focusing primarily on planning, implementing and monitoring the Foundation’s digital strategy, developing digital content, and assisting with internal and external communications campaigns.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a mission- and values-driven, fast-paced, multi-faceted work environment. They will bring relevant professional communications experience and a creative perspective on communications and outreach, as well as a commitment to quality and attention to detail and an ability to work well in a deadline-driven team environment.
A team player who thrives when collaborating with colleagues, they will be technologically adept, forward-thinking, and a multi-channel communicator with experience across digital, social and traditional platforms. Their strong communication skills, both written and verbal, will enable them to develop and support content as well as provide communications technical assistance and training to staff members. Motivated, curious, detail-oriented and highly organized, they will find personal and professional alignment with the Foundation’s mission to advance inclusive, engaged and equitable Greater Denver communities.
They must be accountable and responsive, as well as effective at working independently and managing their own time. Self-awareness, humility and humor, empathy, and personal and professional integrity are key attributes of all members of our team, as are flexibility and the ability to thrive in an evolving organization. The Communications and Outreach Associate will contribute to a positive work environment, consistently demonstrating the Foundation’s culture and values of equity, justice, diversity and inclusion, empathy, generosity, community, and transformation through collaboration.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with the communications team to produce high-quality messages and written and visual content for the Foundation blog, website, social media pages, e-mails, printed materials and more.
- Identify storytelling opportunities across the Foundation, research and obtain information needed to complete projects and adapt messaging for different audiences and mediums.
- Work strategically to grow the Foundation’s digital presence, maintain and expand social media engagement, track email marketing and web metrics and relay what worked and what could be improved.
- Create and manage the Foundation-wide social media calendar.
- Develop and support media and public relations activities including creation and dissemination of news releases, developing and maintaining media relationships and identifying stories for pitches.
- Exhibit excellent strategic judgement, creativity and know-how in utilizing a variety of communications tools and techniques.
- Help to maintain and distribute the Foundation style guide, including specifications on presentations, images, logos, etc. Apply the visual standards to a variety of digital and print communications platforms.
- Support the Foundation’s mission and purpose, demonstrating an interest in social issues and a passion for the power of strategic communications to contribute to social change.
- Help to update and maintain constituent database records.
- Provide communications technical assistance and training to staff as needed.
- Serve as a member of the Public Affairs department and assist other team members as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- A minimum of two years of work experience in communications, marketing, journalism, public affairs or a related field.
- Strong writing, editing and communication skills.
- Technologically adept, forward-thinking, and a multi-channel communicator with expertise across digital, social and traditional platforms. Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and familiarity with digital communications tools (ex: MailChimp, WordPress).
- Proven track record of communicating complex ideas to a variety of audiences and diverse communities.
- Ability to help manage complex projects from beginning to end, meeting high-quality standards and deadlines and maintaining a positive and professional attitude.
- Creativity and a strong grasp of what makes compelling and actionable content.
- Lived experiences and/or personal understanding and commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion and a commitment to incorporating them into internal and external work
- Commitment to the Foundation’s core values and culture.
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree or equivalent life and work experience.
- Experience executing, measuring and evaluating communications projects, including digital or online campaigns.
- Experience working with CRM and database systems and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Fluency in Spanish (both written and oral) considered beneficial.
- Basic graphic design, photography, and videography skills a plus.
SALARY & BENEFITS
This full-time, exempt position’s hiring range is $40,500-$50,000. Offered salary is commensurate with internal equity, internal salary ranges, sector benchmarks, and candidate’s relevant qualifications, experience and skills. Rose Community Foundation offers a competitive benefits package including employer-supported health, dental, vision, and life insurance; short- and long-term disability coverage, a 403(b)-retirement plan (including an annual employer contribution after one year of employment), flexible spending account, employee assistance program (EAP), generous paid time off including holidays, professional development opportunities and a matching gift program.
Brand-new office with a collaborative environment located in a building with a café, gym, secure indoor bike parking, covered employee parking and convenient access to parks and trails. As a health and safety precaution due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Rose Community Foundation’s physical office was closed until June 2021 at which time we returned to full-time in-person work at the office. With the recent increase in Delta variant cases, we have expanded remote work options and flexibility for all staff and expect it will remain as such when this position is filled. That said, we will eventually return to full-time, in-office work. Please note that the Foundation expects all team members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
HOW TO APPLY
Submission deadline is 5:00 p.m. on October 25, 2021. Please submit your application, including a resume and cover letter, here. Please upload your cover letter under “Other Documents.” No phone calls or additional email messages please.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
Rose Community Foundation believes in the importance of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI). The Foundation is committed to equal employment opportunities and prohibits the unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.