Associate Software Engineer, Product (New Grad)
Submissions accepted until October 20, 2021
Rockerbox fuels the growth of leading Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) brands such as Rothy’s, Figs, and Tracksmith. Our guiding principle is that no marketing organization should require a data engineering team to make data-driven decisions. We take on the technical challenges of collecting and consolidating all marketing data into a single platform to enable any marketing organization, big or small, to focus on its core strength: building its brand.
The Product Engineering team makes the platform more intuitive, robust, and actionable for our customers. As a member of the Product Engineering team, you will collaborate with your teammates across Engineering, Product Management, and Customer Solutions to build impactful new features and iterate on existing ones to meet the evolving needs of our current and new customers. Some sample projects include:
- Enabling customers to visualize the journey of users across multiple marketing channels
- Supporting customers with data engineering teams by integrating directly with their Data Warehouse and making their marketing data and insights available where they use it
We are looking for engineers who thrive in a collaborative, dynamic environment and will directly impact the next version of our product as we scale from 100 to 10,000 customers.
- Build products across the stack to deliver value to customers
- Collaborate with team members to design robust implementations and architectures
- Demo completed work to Engineering team and occasionally to the entire company
- Manage your backlog and participate in task prioritization
- Acquire the skills needed to own larger, more complex projects
We are looking for someone with:
- A degree in Computer Science or a directly related field by 2022
- Experience building and delivering functional software products
- Appetite for learning new languages, frameworks, and tools to achieve personal and project objectives
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to experienced and novice audiences
Rockerbox started as a marketing channel to help brands to attract new customers. However, we were frequently given less credit due to misattributions resulting from the fragmentation of marketing data across multiple platforms. So we pivoted the company to solve this problem. We created a platform where brands can integrate all of their data–addressing the data fragmentation problem–so they can understand the contribution of each marketing channel in bringing them new customers.
Rockerbox is in a continual state of evolution. We are not impeded by past decisions and firmly believe that what has gotten us to where we are may not be what brings us to where we want to be. We value transparency and encourage all Rockerboxers to speak their minds and take actions to make the company or the product a better version of itself.
Rockerbox is a remote-first, equal opportunity employer, and we actively encourage applicants from underrepresented backgrounds.