Essential Description of Unit: The job of Coordinator is done for the purpose/s of implementing and maintaining the assigned programs and services of the Elementary/Middle/Secondary Health, Physical Education and Athletic Programs in conformance with Department, State and Federal guidelines; serving as a resource to other Department personnel, the Board of Education and other Departments; and maintaining adequate staffing to ensure that objectives of programs/services are achieved within budget and comply to the Departments goals. Responsibilities, under the direction of the Executive Director of Health, Physical Education and Athletics/Principal include: administering the Middle and/or Secondary athletic program; developing related goals, objectives and recommended policies; serving as a resource of information regarding physical education and health programs; and preparing the master schedule for all athletic events. Also, supporting elementary school department staff. Significant time is required for analyzing data, planning activities, monitoring programs/services, responding to others and supervising staff. This job position requires flexible hours and weekend and evening activities.
· Compiles data for individual program as well as Central Office Department of Health, Physical Education and Athletics from a wide variety of sources (e.g., staff, public agencies, etc.) for the purpose of analyzing issues, ensuring compliance with various policies and procedures, and/or monitoring program components.
· Develops long and short range plans in relation to assigned administrative responsibilities (e.g., policies, procedures. staffing, materials, equipment, space requirements, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring organizational objectives are achieved in the most efficient and timely manner.
· Directs the implementation of existing and new athletic programs/services through a combination of delegation and personal involvement for the purpose of ensuring new programs/services are provided within established timeframes in conformance with all related requirements.
· Facilitates meetings that may frequently involve a range of issues (e.g., personnel actions, financial procedures, regulatory requirements, community involvement, actions involving outside agencies, inter-departmental needs, etc.) for the purpose of identifying appropriate actions, developing recommendations, supporting other staff.
· Manages athletic events (e.g., facility set-up/clean up, schedule transportation, schedule officials, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring venues are prepared to allow for success event within a safe environment.
· Monitors athletic program/services for the purpose of ensuring stated outcomes are achieved, relevant policies and procedures are met, and services are efficiently provided within budgetary guidelines.
· Participates in meetings as required (e.g., boosters, coaches workshops, inter and intra Department committees, seminars, conferences, etc.) for the purpose of conveying and gathering information regarding a wide variety of subjects required to carry out their administrative responsibilities.
· Performs personnel administrative functions of coaching staff (e.g., finalizing and approving coaching certification requirements, hiring, counseling, training supervising, evaluating, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining necessary staffing, enhancing productivity of staff, and ensuring necessary department/program outcomes are achieved.
· Prepares a wide variety of materials (e.g., plans, budgets, funding requests, public relations, curriculum, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and issues, meeting compliance requirements, making presentations, and/or providing supporting materials to other including news media, athletic organizations, sponsors, boosters, district, Board of Education, etc.
· Presents information on a variety of topics related to the health, physical education and athletic programs (e.g., PTA/PTO, family fun nights, financial information, overviews of programs/services, policies and procedures, fund raising activities, etc.) for the purpose of providing general information, training others, implementing actions, etc.
· Researches information required to manage assignments including reviewing relevant policies, current practices, staffing requirements, financial resources, etc. for the purpose of developing new programs/services, ensuring compliance with relevant requirements, securing general information for planning, taking appropriate actions, and/or responding to requests.
· Responds to issues involving coaches, officials, part-time workers, event security personnel conflicts, student athletes (e.g., policies and regulations, community concerns, parental requests, media requests, etc.) for the purpose of clarifying issues and implementing action that will address need.
· Serves as liaison between the school and Central Office department of Health, Physical Education and Athletics and other authorities for the purpose of addressing issues within the athletic department.
· Supports staff, coaches and other administrators for the purpose of achieving the goals of the department.
· Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment.
Education, Experience, and Certification:
· Master’s Degree
· New York State Certification in Physical Education
· Five (5) years of appropriate teaching and/or administrative experience
· New York State Certification for School Administrator and Supervisor (SAS), School Building Leader (SBL) or School District Administrator (SDA).