GENERAL STATEMENT OF JOB
The Technology Security Coordinator is responsible for the school districts information security systems, awareness, and strategy. The overall goal of Security Coordinator is to reduce information security risk by ensuring that all students and staff understand security policies/procedures and apply information security practices with respect to organizational data and information technology systems. In collaboration with other members of the Technology department, this position will manage a broad set of activities, including drafting procedures, managing and reviewing security logs, facilitating cybersecurity campaigns, managing firewalls, managing antivirus and malware programs, and helping to plan outreach, awareness, and educational strategies regarding security. The Security Coordinator will also be responsible for evaluating effectiveness of techniques and resources as appropriate. This position requires a strong focus on delivering excellent customer service and the ability to professionally communicate with all levels of staff either by phone or through email. The Technology Security Coordinator position will report to the Executive Director of Technology.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Ensures all private data belonging to the school district, its employees, and students, remains confidential.
· Develop the strategy, goals, and objectives for the information security training, education, and awareness program.
· Inform users about security measures, explain potential threats, install software, implement security measures, and monitor networks.
· Identify the top human risks to our organization and the behaviors we need to change to mitigate/address those risks.
· Adapt strategy to incorporate and address emerging technologies and risks.
· Develop/enhance cybersecurity strategy/framework
· Review systems to identify potential security weaknesses, recommend improvements to amend vulnerabilities, implement changes and document upgrades
· Define, create, and maintain the documentation necessary for internal/external audits
· Promote Division awareness of information security policies through the creation and maintenance of an online presence that is intuitive to use, provides engaging activities to reinforce behaviors, and serves as a central repository for security guidance and references.
· Tailor security programs and trainings to fall in line with state and national security standards.
· Monitors, completes, and escalates (as necessary) Help Desk requests.
· Promotes pleasant and professional communication between users, systems, and management personnel.
· Assists with special projects as assigned.
· Assists with maintaining accurate documentation.
· Maintains technology areas and ensures working spaces are orderly and secure.
· Provides excellent customer service to all levels of the organization
· Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
A High School degree is required plus a bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, computer information systems, cybersecurity, mathematics, or at least five years of comparable work experience. Master’s degree in security related field and/or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) designation preferred.