This position is for the duration of the 2022 Maryland Legislative Session, beginning the first week of January and running through the middle/end of April.
The Session Law Clerk will support the RWL Government Relations Team during the 2022 Legislative Session.
Below are some tasks and duties to serve as examples of assignments.
- Attending briefings and bill hearings
- Taking accurate notes and submitting a memo to the appropriate client and/or GR team member
- Drafting written testimony
- Obtaining documents, handouts, bill files from committee hearings/staff and including these documents with a memo
- Submitting testimony in a timely and appropriate manner to the committee
- Legal research to support client objectives
- Legal writing/citation work to support client objectives
- Monitoring the Legislative Session and noting Committee Announcements
- Scheduling meetings for lobbyists
- Document creation and production
- Entering data into our legislative bill tracking system
- Assisting with our End of Session Reports
- Proficiency Microsoft Office programs – Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Database updating as needed
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
*Notes – Interviews can be held either in person or over Zoom.