Job Opening – RRS
Job Title – Analyst
Location – Michigan (remote)
Posting Date – November 1, 2021
Closing Date –Until position is filled
RRS is seeking applications for a full -time, analyst position to support work involving data collection and analysis of local, regional, and state materials management programs, services, and infrastructure. This position involves conducting research, gathering data, fixing data errors, and compiling clear and accurate data sets for client deliverables.
- Conduct research on project subject matter, data for models, marketplace and market sectors, and emerging technologies;
- Direct outreach to communities through various channels including internet, email, phone calls, surveys, and interviews;
- Conduct waste and recycling data analysis, assessment, data entry and management;
- Review data compiled by peers and update errors;
- Develop original analytical tools and data presentations; and
- Assist with memo, report and PowerPoint generation;
- Critical thinker; ability to make connections across data collected through visualizing and organizing the data;
- Organized, self-motivated, ability to set work priorities and complete work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to work independently while also working collaboratively with a team;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to collect data that is clean, consistent, and reliable;
- Proven experience with research and conducing successful research approaches;
- Proven experience with data collection through a variety of methods including online, surveys, and interviews;
- Proven experience with data cleaning for quality assurance and quality control to ensure data collected is accurate and connected;
- Proven experience with data visualization; the ability to take data and integrate into reports, presentations, and other documents for client deliverables;
- Familiarity with Filemaker;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Familiarity with waste and recycling field a plus but not required;
- Located in and/or familiarity with state of Michigan a plus.
- A completed two-year or four year degree in data analysis, data science, economics, natural resources, environmental sciences, environmental policy, engineering, business administration or related field completed is required.
- Two years working experience conducting research and data analysis in a professional setting is required. Two years working in the environmental field preferred.
Pay Range: $63,000-$68,000 depending on experience and qualifications. RRS is an equal opportunity employer.
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and list of references. Cover letters should address the candidate’s professional goals and interests, ability to meet key and minimal qualifications (as described above) as well as their experience and interest in this position.