We are seeking an individual to join the Oncology research group at Regeneron to pursue creative biomedical research in a well-resourced and fast-paced industry environment. This candidate will conduct research on signaling pathways that modulate the tumor immune microenvironment, with a focus on the signaling crosstalk between tumor cells and immune cells. This position is for early career scientist trainees to receive a rigorous scientific training at Regeneron under the auspices of a scientist mentor for up to four years. Fellows will be expected to conduct creative exploratory research that results in publications.
In this role, a typical day might include:
- Lead an independent research project to investigate mechanisms by which tumor cell signaling regulates anti-tumor immunity.
- Perform independent research in a highly collaborative environment, with access to state-of-the-art technologies and resources, including CRISPR, single cell RNA sequencing, bioinformatics support and FACS core.
- Participate in postdoctoral program meetings. Provide research progress reports to supervisor and the program committee.
- Build a strong dataset that leads to high impact peer-reviewed publications and presentations at scientific conferences.
This role might be for you if:
- You recently completed a PhD degree in the field of cancer biology, immunology, signal transduction or a relevant subject area.
- You have proven training and technical expertise in cell biology, signal transduction and/or immunology techniques.
- You possess prior knowledge or strong interest in CRISPR gene editing, scRNA-Seq, or mouse tumor models. A motivation to harness new/emerging technologies will be strongly preferred.
- You have excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to work in a highly interactive environment.
The ideal candidate for this role has a strong work ethic, independent critical thinking skills, a steadfast commitment to discovery research and a documented ability to initiate, drive and complete significant research projects, as exemplified by high quality publications.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!