PureTech is seeking an experienced scientist to take a key role in advancing preclinical and clinical discovery of its Glyph prodrug program across a range of indications. The scientist will be leading a bioanalytical program to rigorously elucidate the functionality of a novel lipid prodrug platform and contribute to the program’s development candidates entering the clinic, such as LYT-300. This scientist may contribute beyond bioanalysis, i.e. expanding DMPK and modeling functions.
Some of the more critical responsibilities will include:
- Spearhead development of bioanalytical methods (e.g. LC/MS) to assess concentration of API, metabolites, and related species across multiple small and large animal species
- Manage execution of method development and sample analysis across multiple external CROs and collaborators
- Design and select methods of sample extraction and analysis across a range of matrices including lymph, plasma, and solid tissues
- Perform pharmacokinetic analysis of data, communicate results, provide scientific interpretations and recommendations in both team and company settings
- Build/source relevant pharmacokinetic models to add fundamental understanding where appropriate
- Lead and execute research projects independently, and ensure that projects support current company goals
- Manage and mentor one or more junior scientists to support in-house method development and bioanalysis activities
- Foster a scientific culture of collaboration, innovation, rigor, and transparency
- Actively participate in project team meetings, and contribute to reports, patent applications, and regulatory filings
- MS/PhD degree in analytical chemistry, bioanalytical chemistry, pharmaceutical analysis or related fields with 5+ years for PhD, or 10+ years for MS.
- Track record of leading development and validation of bioanalytical LC-MS/MS methods designed at standards ranging from “fit-for-purpose” through GLP.
- Analysis of prodrugs and associated species highly desirable
- Hands-on familiarity running and maintaining industry-standard mass spectrometry instrumentation
- Full understanding of FDA and global regulatory requirements of study types assigned, as well as Testing Facility SOPs and Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs), as appropriate.
- Highly motivated and results driven individual with a passion for working in a fast-paced and evolving organization
- Experience with CROs and managing outsourcing studies critical
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal, and partnering skills
- Excellent cross-disciplinary skills in communicating scientific ideas to non-scientist stakeholders to foster collaboration and deliverable-based team work
- Startup experience is highly valued. Ability to adjust rapidly to changing scientific priorities and technologies