ProPath, one of the largest completely physician owned pathology practices in the country, seeks an exceptional Clinical Lab Tech to join our thriving practice in our Women’s Health Department. We pride ourselves on our extremely friendly and family oriented work environment. Our employees are patient focused, accountable and help to create an atmosphere of teamwork. ProPath is a nationally recognized practice founded in 1966 and has nearly 50 physicians and PhD’s on the team.
Days: Tuesday – Saturday
Hours: 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM
Our Clinical Lab Techs perform clinical laboratory testing in a manner that promotes accurate, timely results.
Below are general descriptions of the work performed by this position. This is not an exhaustive list.
- Follow established procedures for all activities during the pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical phases of patient testing.
- Perform LIS functions necessary to complete patient testing and specimen processing. This includes ordering tests, ensuring accuracy of clinical data and releasing results to clients.
- Follow established procedures to perform patient testing. Analyze and interpret test results.
- Operate equipment, and perform and document routine maintenance.
- Follow established quality control procedures for all tests. Identify unacceptable results and initiate the appropriate corrective action.
- Accurately document patient test results, related patient information, QC activities, and corrective actions.
- Promptly report problems that can negatively impact patient testing.
- Participate in proficiency testing events.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work area.
Molecular Pathology (Preferred but not required)
- Perform routine molecular techniques such as DNA and RNA extraction, PCR, real-time PCR, capillary electrophoresis, an a variety of sequencing techniques.
- Analyze results to determine the presence or absence of genetic alterations.
Bachelor degree in Medical Technology or a life science or chemistry, and/or certification as MT, MLS, MLT (ASCP) or equivalent.
One to three years as a technologist in a clinical lab preferred.
Salary commensurate with background and experience. Benefits include medical, dental, profit sharing, a matched 401K plan and more. Be a part of the nation’s premier pathology practice. EOE M/F/Disabled/Veteran Accessibility Accommodations.
Don’t Follow the Leader! Join the Leader!