Everyday Health Group (EHG) is a recognized leader in patient and provider education and services attracting an engaged audience of over 60 million health consumers and over 800,000 U.S. practicing physicians and clinicians. Our mission is to drive better clinical and health outcomes through decision-making informed by highly relevant information, data, and analytics. We empower healthcare professionals and consumers with trusted content and services delivered through Everyday Health Group’s world-class brands.
Everyday Health Consumer is seeking an Associate Editor with a passion for empowering and inspiring people to live their healthiest lives every day. As a member of Consumer’s EverydayHealth.com editorial team, you will play a key role within a dynamic, creative, close-knit department focused on developing health and medical content for a consumer audience.
The Associate Editor will support a team comprised of an Executive Editor, Senior Editors, and Editors to produce and promote high-quality health content across a wide scope of topic areas.
You will provide a broad range of support responsibilities, including researching keywords to increase organic traffic and audience engagement, optimizing and updating existing content, conducting interviews with health experts and patients, identifying opportunities for editorial coverage, recruiting key opinion leaders, and performing a wide range of administrative duties to maintain an efficient production workflow.
- Edit, copy edit, write, repackage content
- Conduct story research on medical studies and latest finding
- Create supportive assets to stories, including infographics, polls, and quizzes
- Perform keyword research using SEO and analytics tools
- Support efforts to evolve and refine taxonomy
- Optimize and update existing content
- Monitor news feeds
- Support social media outreach
- Contribute to special projects, including award submissions
- Perform administrative duties, as needed
- Smart, energetic, ambitious, and creative, with strong organizational skills
- Detail-oriented with a focus on accuracy and quality
- Able to juggle multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and adapt to new assignments
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, creative work environment
- Able to work collaboratively and effectively with the editorial team and with other departments across the company
- Minimum 1-2 years digital editorial experience
- Solid research and interviewing skills
- Experience using SEO and analytics tools for keyword research
- Experience working in a CMS and web-based project management tools
- Strong communication skills
- Health and medical content experience
Our Culture and Values
We love collaboration, always desire to understand the business problem we’re solving, push decisions down as low as possible, and want to further our culture of innovation and experimentation. We created our values together, to embody both our audience goals and our workplace aspirations: to promote diversity and create opportunities; to be authentic; to enable wellness; to ignite passion and reimagine possibilities; to be results driven with a bias toward action; and to inspire connectedness.
About Everyday Health
At Everyday Health Group, a division of J2 Global®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We believe in careers versus jobs and people versus employees. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
Everyday Health offers competitive salaries in addition to robust health and wellness focused benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability benefits; Flexible Spending accounts, 401(k) with company match, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Pregnancy and Parental leave,
Family Planning Support via Maven, Flexible Time Off, Volunteer Time Off, Fitness Reimbursement as well as employee-focused engagement and education programs, including Employee Resource Groups and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then Everyday Health is the place for you.
Everyday Health Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees.