***This position requires long term eligibility to work in the US without sponsorship. Please note F-1 OPT Visas are not considered long term eligibility for this role.
In labs and health care facilities worldwide – HERE WE ARE
PPD is a leading global contract research organization. At PPD we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose – to improve health.
PPD Laboratories offers the most comprehensive set of laboratory services available in the industry and continues to deliver innovative solutions to our clients through our collaborative approach, including PPD Laboratories FSP. PPD Laboratories FSP is a unique partnership that allows our clients to leverage the experience of our PPD staff, while allowing you, the employee, to gain direct experience working onsite at a pharmaceutical/ biopharmaceutical company, all while maintaining full-time benefits/advantages of being a part of PPD.
We are seeking an outstanding candidate to join Small Molecule Analytical Chemistry Department. Responsibilities include characterization of small molecule drug substance and delivery, method development, execution of analytical methods, and new technology evaluation. The candidate will develop chiral and achiral HPLC methods, conduct testings, document studies in notebooks, summarize and interpret the data, and troubleshoot technical problems. The role is in a multi-functional environment supporting drug discovery, discovery pharmaceutics and process chemistry. The successful candidate will accomplish our mission through innovation and teamwork, creative problem-solving, and use of state-of-the-art technology including UHPLC-MS, multidimensional HPLC, GC, KF, UV, and CAD.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and well being of our employees.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- BS/MS/PhD in a relevant scientific discipline (chemistry, pharmaceutics or chemical engineering preferred).
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 2+ years).
In some cases, an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in pharmaceutical industry is strongly preferred.
- Candidates must have good knowledge of analytical and organic chemistry.
- At least two years expereince in chromatography (HPLC and data handling/reporting) is required.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutics, solid state characterization, and drug discovery is desirable.
- Candidates should have good problem solving and communication skills, and the ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- The position requires good organizational skills and the ability to work well as part of a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Proven ability in technical writing skills
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Time management and project management skills
PPD values the health and well-being of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours
- Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds
- Able to work in nontraditional work environments
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements, including infectious agents, typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities
PPD is proud to be an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength and fosters an environment of mutual respect. PPD is committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or status within any other protected group.