Potentia Workforce is accepting online applications from Neurodivergent Candidates for the position of QA Engineer for a Client company.
Remote Opportunity, Multiple full-time, permanent, entry-level & experienced roles available with a Potentia client through our STARS Neurodiversity Program!
Summary of Work Activities and Responsibilities:
In this role, you will be responsible for testing a component, feature and/or feature set. You will work independently and contribute to teams across business, through quality engineering discussions and designs.
Responsibilities may include:
- Owning small to medium-sized quality engineering tasks
- Working on a team contributing to individual and team outcomes
- Making technology choices at individual level analyzing impact
- Integrating project testing with continuous-integration process
- Working with fellow team members to diagnose bugs and formulate solutions
- Documenting bugs and reproduction steps and gathering required information
- Participating in exploratory testing, bug bash, and feature testing
- Developing and executing clearly written end-to-end test cases based on domain knowledge and with input from program owners
- Developing and executing maintainable automation tests for acceptance, functional, and regression test cases
- Developing and executing performance and reliability test cases
- Setting up and configuring hardware and software for testing
Required Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
Required Knowledges, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to write C# code for the purposes of testing solution code
- Interest and skill with problem solving
Successful candidates may also have experience with some of the following (not required):
- Test automation
- Maintaining, and executing test plans
- Testing web services (SOAP/REST; Throughput, Performance under Load, etc.)
- Issue-tracking and agile project management systems such as TFS, Jira, GreenHopper, Confluence, Rally, etc.
- Linux/Unix and Windows environments.
- Virtual machines (VMs) as part of a test/integration infrastructure
- Automation orchestration tools
- Development IDEs such as Visual Studio
Entry-level salary for this role starts at $83,000. Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Working flexible hours – flexing the times when you work in the day to help you work when you are the most productive
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
Client is one of the world’s largest energy companies, with nearly 70,000 employees with operations in over 120 countries. They are a leading partner to the energy industry and are committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050. Their inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. To keep going forward tomorrow, they push the boundaries today. Their people are at the heart of what they do and they ensure employees are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. They recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone, too.