Pivan Interactive (dba. Uncanny.gg) is a gaming and esports technology platform that turns streamers into broadcasters. We use CV and AI to identify key moments in a game stream to create powerful, meaningful and creative visual content for a live audience. We make it affordable for everyone to create high level, professional looking productions that increase viewership, engagement and retention. Based in Boulder, Colorado, Uncanny is a Comcast NBC-Universal backed company, having gone through the Techstars accelerator program. Our advisors include a co-founder from IGN and another at Human Design (Boulder), with investors from ESPN Classic, Mixer and Riot Games. We are redefining what it means to be content creators in the live-streaming gaming space.
Become part of the Uncanny family as we grow! We are looking for a computer vision engineer who relishes a challenge within a startup environment in the gaming space. You will take responsibility for the current computer vision architecture, work with our full stack engineer and creative designers to push Uncanny into full product release. With input from our team, you will have total control of what shows up when on Twitch/Youtube/Facebook gaming streams!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Apply machine learning work for video analysis: training, updating, debugging, monitoring, and deploying computer vision models
- Develop data pipelines for gathering, training, and refining models
- Work with our team to create new computer vision models to analyze video streams to create new broadcasting triggers
- Eventually, hiring and leading a team of talented engineers who are hungry to grow and learn under your guidance.
- Have a lot of fun! We are a company that makes streaming and gaming fun and you should have fun too!
- Spend your days working with an amazing team of gamers and engineers!
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Demonstrated experience in computer vision
- Have a strong interested in computer vision and machine learning
- Passion and drive in a startup environment
- Extensive knowledge in object-oriented programing
- Collaborative and teamwork-oriented approach
- Background in gaming/esports/entertainment/broadcasting a big plus
- Experience working and managing remotely a plus
- Cloud Computing
- General Computer Vision Knowledge
- Learning and owning an existing, functional and in-production CV codebase.
- A gamer of course!
- Wicked sense of humor
- Drinking “coffee”
- Potential to accrue company equity over time
- Private Medical Insurance
- Flexible Working hours and location
- Going to game/esports conventions dressed in Uncanny bling
- Getting to play New World while you work (maybe)
WHAT TO SEND OUR WAY
- Cover letter
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including color, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.