Piper Sandler Companies (NYSE: PIPR) is a leading full service, global investment bank created through the merger of Piper Jaffray and Sandler O’Neill & Partners, L.P. The combined company has over 1,500 employees, 122 of which are investment banking managing directors, and net revenue in excess of $1 billion.
The Insurance Investment Banking Group provides financial advisory and capital raising services to insurance underwriters, brokers, third-party administrators and other insurance services companies. We are a trusted advisor to our clients and one of the most active insurance teams on Wall Street, having advised on over 70 M&A transactions and raised over $40 billion in equity and debt capital since 2012. The group has experienced significant growth in recent years and has strong momentum heading into 2021.
The Insurance Investment Banking Group is seeking to add an Analyst to its team of professionals based in New York City. The Group’s market-leading deal flow will provide the Analyst with immediate exposure to a variety of mergers and acquisitions, capital raising transactions, and other strategic advisory projects, and provide significant, long-term growth potential. On a day-to-day basis our Analysts:
· Assist with all phases of M&A and capital raising transaction execution
· Assist senior bankers in pursuing new business opportunities
· Develop marketing materials for live transactions
· Conduct industry- and company-specific research
· Interact with clients and senior bankers
Attracting only the very best professionals has been and will continue to be a key element of our success. We are focused on hiring candidates with genuine potential and interest for advancement within our firm. Piper Sandler seeks dedicated and motivated individuals possessing demonstrated academic achievement as well as leadership, organizational and teamwork skills. The ability to create innovative solutions, articulate complex ideas and adapt to a rapidly changing environment is essential. A successful candidate will possess the following characteristics:
· Strong academic performance with a Bachelor’s degree from a top tier school
· Recent or upcoming graduate (Class of 2021or 2022) preferred
· Ability to work in a fast paced and challenging environment
· Extremely detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
· Capacity to work well under pressure, handle multiple projects at once and learn quickly
· Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills
Analyst Career Path
Top performers may have the option of a third year. Direct promotions to associate level positions are also available.