Join a team that’s been welcoming guests for more than a century. At Pinehurst our Culture is critical to delivering a consistent guest, member and employee experience. Our Purpose is, “As the Cradle of American Golf, we honor timeless traditions and inspire legendary stories, one smile, one round, one moment at a time.” Our Values are; Genuine Hospitality, Be Trustworthy, Good Stewards and Inspired Innovation. If you’re seeking a heartfelt workplace then Pinehurst is the place for you. Every role contributes to upholding our treasured culture, performs their job duties consistently and handles other job duties as assigned in our ever-changing environment.
Roles have competitive wages and may offer a $500.00 Sign-On Bonus, Service Charge pay out and or 90 day increase pending performance.
Perform all methods of cookery, portion control, garnishing of dishes and follow recipes in accordance with standards set forth by Pinehurst. Follow direction of Resort Executive Chef, Managing Chef and/or Sous Chefs in maintaining the highest standards of food quality, taste and production. In this position, you will be expected to be available to work in various locations of Food and Beverage outlets, depending on business levels. In addition, you will be expected to work holidays, wherever needed, even if your primary outlet is closed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED), and a minimum of 3 months related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be attending and or graduating from an approved culinary program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure production of food in a timely manner.
- Prepare food so that quality, taste and appearance of food is in accordance with Pinehurst standards.
- Control proper usage and rotation of food.
- Ensure food quality and appearance on buffet, and plated food, is in accordance with Pinehurst standards.
- Alert Chef or direct supervisor to any food quality issues that could have an adverse effect on Pinehurst Resort culinary operations.
- Maintain walk-in coolers and food storage areas on a daily basis.
- Maintain a neat, clean and sanitary workstation.
- Ensure work station and all equipment is clean and sanitized prior to the change of shift.
- Ensure outlined prep is completed in a timely manner for the next shift.
- Carry out duties and responsibilities of job as deemed necessary by Resort Executive Chef, Managing Chef or Sous Chef on duty, & as changes occur in work environment and/or workload.
- Make sound judgment calls and decisions based upon principles set forth by the Pinehurst Resort culinary management team.
- Operate within established guidelines, policies, standards and constraints set forth by Pinehurst Resort.
- Attend departmental Safety Meetings on a regular basis.
- Assist other departments as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Required to work in hot and cold places and occasionally in outdoor settings.
Pinehurst, LLC reserves the right to transfer any Employee from his/her current job assignment or location to another job assignment or location as needed, either on a temporary or regular basis.