Philmont Scout Ranch is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to serve as the Marketing Specialist. The ideal candidate will have a background in marketing including communication, social media content creation and management, public relations, and graphic design.
This position manages the daily operations and strategic planning of the Philmont Scout Ranch Marketing Plan. The Marketing Specialist will work closely with all the varied departments and programs on the ranch to fully execute and manage promotions and all facets of marketing of those programs. This position also leads a seasonal team, presently comprised of 16 seasonal employees in providing social media content and video promotional projects, crew photos and news and publications.
• Primary responsibility is to execute the Philmont Marketing Plan.
• Serves as the Public Relations representative of Philmont Scout Ranch with direct report to the General Manager during critical incidents..
• Serve as primary Ranch Photographer/Videographer.
• Works with the National Marketing Office to incorporate Philmont into National Marketing initiatives and conversation.
• Works closely with department managers to promote camping, training, second season, retail, museum, and seasonal employment operations.
• Manages social media presence for the Ranch.
• Manages promotional material program.
• Assists in creation of promotional campaigns for Philmont retail operations to ensure they make sales goals and fit into the Philmont marketing plan.
• Communicates updates to the Philmont Ranch Committee and other stakeholders.
• Works with Museum staff on promotions related to National Scouting Museum events/exhibits.
• Responsible for design/publication of ALL printed publications of Philmont Scout Ranch, maintaining a consistent image through all publications.
• Designs and executes all email marketing communications for the ranch.
• Responsible for the hiring and managing the Marketing and Photo Services summer operation.
• Update/create Philmont Blog posts.
• Work on cross-functional teams to promote High Adventure and Outdoor Programs within the Boy Scouts of America.
• Maintains and updates PhilmontScoutRanch.org
• Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
• Ensures a high degree of customer satisfaction is delivered through the Philmont Marketing Experience.
• Handle staffing issues such as interviewing potential staff, conducting appraisals and performance reviews, as well as providing or organizing training and development
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications related field required.
• Ability to collaborate, inspire and hold accountable multiple stakeholders including seasonal staff and other Philmont Departmental employees.
• 2+ years marketing experience preferred
• Preference given to applicants with a strong understanding of the Philmont and BSA brand
• Experience with applications such as Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, Constant Contact, and Hootsuite preferred.
• Graphic design, photography and videography experience preferred.
• Must be able to communicate with all levels of the organization both internally and externally.
• Great attention to detail, highly organized with multi-tasking skills.
• Customer focus, results driven, strategic planning, management proficiency, verbal communication
Salary Range $48,000- $53,000 annually. The National Council, Boy Scouts of America is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to offering a competitive annual salary; the BSA offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, and a 403-B retirement investment plan. We also offer generous PTO and 11 holiday observances.