Why Patients Need You
Pfizer’s purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients’ lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer’s purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.
What You Will Achieve
As a Senior Associate Scientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you’ll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. You will be responsible for supporting the preclinical evaluation and early clinical development of candidate viral vaccines. You will perform various assays to monitor the immune responses elicited by vaccine candidates and maintaining cell lines, weekly processing of red blood cells, and preparing samples for testing. You will also assist with molecular and virology work to generate plasmid constructs for RNA and reverse genetic virus stocks plus optimizing RNA vaccines. Your skills and expertise will ensure that all work is to be done in a compliant manner according to relevant Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) guidelines and Good Lab Practices cGLP and/or (Current) Good Manufacturing Practices (part of GxP) cGMP guidelines.
Your significant experience of applying knowledge of principles, concepts, and practices of the discipline will make you a critical member of the team. You are proactive in contributing to all team discussions and creating an environment of collaboration.
It is your hard work and focus that will help in making Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.
How You Will Achieve It
- The incumbent is expected to apply molecular biology and biochemistry to advance our RNA-based vaccine platform, especially the RNA vaccine design strategies optimization.
- Perform molecular techniques that include (but are not limited to) recombinant DNA techniques, carry out gene synthesis, sequence analysis, DNA/RNA isolation, RT-qPCR/ddPCR, RNA manipulation and analysis.
- In collaboration with manager, interpret and summarize experimental data. Present experimental results at group meetings as needed.
- Generate and characterize reagents used to perform necessary assays and support maintenance of laboratory supplies.
- Regular review of literature to maintain knowledge of scientific trends and industry processes, advance molecular biology and protein production methods.
- Maintain laboratory notebooks in compliance with the Pfizer Laboratory Notebook Policy.
- Satisfactorily completes all cGMP/GLP and safety training in conformance with departmental requirements Where applicable, performs job responsibilities in compliance with cGMP/GLP and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Virology, or a related scientific field. MS with 4 years of research experience, or BS with 8-10 years of laboratory research experience.
- Experience in biochemical assay development for manipulating and analyzing RNA (e.g. IVT, RNA purification/quantification, TapeStation, Bioanalyzer).
- Determine and analyze RNA structure and modification and optimize RNA structure for functionality.
- Must be detail oriented; possess problem solving skills, and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Industry experience.
- Experience of ddPCR is a major plus.
- Experience with cell culture and cell-based assays.
- Understanding of state-of-the-art gene synthesis
- Understanding of mRNA UTR structure and function
- Understanding of RNA modification and stabilization.
Other Job Details
Eligible for Relocation Package